Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 5

Administrator
    Boy, I thought the Trial last week sucked...

Administrator
    I did have some luck with a Senna tune I found over on Forza, share code is 129 465 295. That said, I was still struggling to get the top drivatars if they were X999, and I still had a bunch of idiot teammates who spent more time blocking or ramming me than driving normally.

I heard some real nightmares about it. They made it a friggin "open" tune.
    We got lucky. My buddy and I managed to get paired with a club where most of the drivers were competent and came prepared. In our first try we won the 2nd and 3rd races. I put up a 911 GT1 Straßenversion tune that did the job, but I imagine the Senna is a better pick.

I tried it 4 times. Twice with a club mate, twice alone.
    We tried A 800, S1 900 (twice) and X 999 (a Senna).
    To no avail: my random teammates were usual idiots. That said... the AI is mental.
    I've had about 10 people I know that have abandoned the game because it feels too difficult and buggy, especially being a simple arcade.
    I know they are casual, yet game state, even after the patch, is still pathetic.

Also... tried the Luchador story.
    I thought the Vocho one was a bit Disney-ish and ridiculous, but this is way worse.
    It's like Forza Horizon 4 was Fast And Furious 1 and Horizon 5 is FnF 8 or 9... or some Farrelly brothers' crap.
    I'm sorry, I'm not 12 (or 9, actually) anymore...
    Last edited by Blerpa; November 29th, 2021 at 05:13 AM.

Administrator
    Finally got it, somehow. Field was 3 X999 cars and three S998-ish cars, so the drivatars were the same. First race I came in 4th behind the three X999 cars, all my teammates came in behind all the drivatars, so we got mauled. All three players with X999 cars quit after the first race.

I'm not sure if the AI then adjusted accordingly, but I had a pretty easy time winning the next two races, and my teammates were usually coming in 2-4, and we won easily. Used the Senna with the tune I posted above.

Administrator
    Went to go play a little this morning and just got a message saying that it couldn't be started and that the Windows Store would have information, which, of course, it did not.

Eventually found some person online explaining how to repair Windows Gaming Services (which notably hadn't been updated that recently) and that seems to have fixed it (Settings -> Apps -> Apps & Features -> Gaming Services -> Advanced Options -> Repair).

Between this and the teredo thing, Microsoft seem to very much struggle to do what every other company in the gaming world has managed to pull off quite successfully for the past decade or so.

Junior Potato
    Unrelated to FH5, but somewhat related to your updating issue:

I use the Game Pass app to manage my games, and if a game really wants to update, it will. You can queue it for later, and it’ll start updating. You can then hit pause, and it’ll pause, but then carry on updating. Pause again, it’ll start again.

The only way to stop it is by cancelling the update, which also uninstalls the game. Not ideal, especially when you’ve got limited bandwidth and you want to join an iRacing session.

^^^ And that's why I bought the game on Steam.

Administrator
    And along those lines, there's an update. I'm trying to download it from the MS store. It's been sitting at "12kb of 15.43GB downloaded" for the past half hour.

Argh, why can they not get this shit right? I didn't get it on Steam mostly because I didn't trust the console cross play thing to work right, but I'm starting to regret that.

The update made the Arcade events MUCH easier. I solo'd an Air Event in 4 minutes, and grabbed the achievement for completing all 5 different types.

Definitely have had issues with MS store, but those issues tend to resolve themselves within a few minutes. Not updating, however, is particularly annoying.