Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 5

And I heard about the Hot Wheels DLC redux.

I hope they have a good list of lessons learned from the first go around. There were some frustrating aspects to the concept in FH3 that I hope they iron out.
    I would have preferred a Tokyo/Japanese highway island expansion, but I'll be happy with this if they execute it well.

This game is getting boring as shit and a fortnite minigames fest, always pushing further away from proper racing.
    Hot Wheels DLC is official.
    And I wish I didn't spend 100 euro on this game at all.
    I'm the only one left of a dozen and more friends playing it, everyone left this turd. MEH.

Junior Potato
    That’s why game pass is good. Yeah it’s a subscription, but no remorse if you don’t like a game. Just del-YEET it Cam style and move on.

New season (for UK last night) and they are drip feeding some of the HW cars as seasonal wins. 4 weeks time is a toon muscle car looking thing, and an easy 20 points got me a weird rocket looking thing with not much effort.

I still find myself playing this on occasion, but it feels so void of progression compared to previous title. Hoping the new HW DLC adds some much needed funk to it.

Administrator
    It does. On the other hand, I'm liking that we're getting to the point where I don't have to do *everything* on the docket to get the new cars. Honestly, the seasonal championships are nothing more than a time suck at this point, it's yet another boring race against the AI.

My big worry is that the Hot Wheels cars in FH3 just became this set of improperly balanced cars that fucked up online racing so much that the Boneshaker had to be banned from online in FH4. Then, for some reason, they unbanned it for FH5 and it's still just as shitty as it was before. I hope this doesn't introduce a bunch more overpowered cars.

Did like that my C500 Trans Am, where all I did was give it engine upgrades, just set a new PB for me in a drift event. That thing is hilariously fun to drift.

The online racing has never really bothered me in FH5, so imbalance isn't so much a concern for me personally - I guess I'd never really take the online aspect of a Horizon game that seriously.

I actually got 40 points yesterday to unlocked the Aventador J. I think it's the first time I've ever got to 40, so self-appreciated the grind. Saw some people cruising around the HW car you get in 3 weeks time, so I've no idea how they've done that.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by M4FFU View Post
    The online racing has never really bothered me in FH5, so imbalance isn't so much a concern for me personally - I guess I'd never really take the online aspect of a Horizon game that seriously.
    I don't do a ton of online racing on it, but probably my favorite combo is A class road. The cars are fast without being too crazy, and you can be pretty successful just by knowing how brakes work. It then got super boring because the Boneshaker was so much faster than every other car in its class that it basically became like multiclass racing - Boneshakers were the LMPs, and you were in a GT.

I like to mix things up, and when it basically becomes "you have to use this car and only this car if you want to be competitive", it just gets kinda boring. Playground knew this and eventually banned that car from online racing in FH4, then made zero adjustments to it and let it run in FH5 and, to the surprise of no-one, the exact same problem is happening.

Fair. I've recently taken to Rivals. I've got a FF B700 DC2 I've built which is low power, high grip. Most seem to opt for AWD and power, so it's interesting doing laps seeing me go ahead around corners and be caught up in the straights by less agile cars.

I do still dream about some sort of downtown Toyko Expressway DLC, with a mix of touge mountains. Exactly what FH5 needs.

Hot Wheels DLC out today and it's been pretty enjoyable. FH3 didn't have public, ghosted lobbies so it felt really empty. Having actual people flying around the world is just the best. And love the new track type gimmicks. And some of those drops.