Page 106 of 182 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1812

Thread: F1 2022 Season - "Big Wheels"

Halo also saved Roy Nissany. I would think he'd be well dead if that accident happened a few years ago.
    Also, sausage curbs need to be banned.

Administrator
    I feel like I need to issue an apology to Silverstone. I got the winner spoiled, and I was still in suspense watching the race. That was a good one.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Don’t they use standardised parts for that section of the car? If they do then every car would need to be inspected.
    I think they can use standardized parts for all safety structures.

I'm not sure they do.
    acket.

You guys should search for the fan cam footage from the Zhou crash. There is video from a guy standing in the fence grandstands about 10ft from where the car landed. I’m sure those fans were shitting bricks as that car was sliding straight at them. It’s crazy footage.

I just learned on YouTube that Alfa has a pole rather than a triangle as their roll structure. Whether that’s bolted on or bonded on, a pole naturally will have a harder time staying up straight as the car slides upside down like that.

I think that pole might have survived the initial impact as the car rolled over, but for the most of the upside down slide, it’s the titanium halo structure sparkling on track and protecting Zhou’s head…

Anyway, yeah, the fan footages are amazing. I don’t think I’d be able to continue filming. I’d try to duck and hide… or perhaps everything just happened so fast, maybe I’d fail to react as well!

https://twitter.com/F1_Images/status...22940022067200

Again, Leclerc needs to join a real team.

Yeah there was some speculation that if he would have pit then the others may have stayed out. I think with 12 laps to go it’s a tough call. If it were a VSC then he should keep track position but since it would be a SC restart you have to give him new tires and trust your driver and superior car to get the job done.

I think Ferrari just freezes up during the high pressure/quick decisions. Not sure why that is happening though.

My gut feeling is that Ferrari no longer has a central figure? I guess any team losing such center of gravity will probably lose that magic touch? Doesn’t have to just be one person, i think ideally we need both a strong driver and a strong team boss supporting each other… having a strong designer like Adrian Newey can also be a nice bonus, but not absolutely necessary…

Think Toto/Ham, Horner/Max, Brawn/Schuey, Dennis/ Senna…

Ferrari has been replacing team bosses and drivers left and right… Binotto and Leclerc have been doing well, but both of them seemed lacking just a bit compared to those other legendary boss/driver pairings… also, is Ferrari all in on Binotto/Leclerc? Or they still could be replaced easily when things don’t go well? Without going all in on your ‘employees’, I don’t think Ferrari will ever repeat their past success.

Zhou's.

Herta's after his flip in the Indy 500 practice.

Last edited by FaultyMario; July 4th, 2022 at 04:57 PM.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    How did VER tumble down the order?

Broken floor?
    A piece from the Alpha Tauri got lodged in the floor.
    acket.