Page 12 of 182 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Season - "Big Wheels"

Mike Krack (no really) now in at Aston martin as Team Principal. Ex BMW motorsport apparently.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    If I were him I'd probably go by Michael

Junior Potato
    Somehow I missed this (and apologies if it's been mentioned already) but Albon is driving for Williams this year. I only just found out.

So the grid will look like this:

Red Bull
    Max Verstappen
    Sergio Perez

Mercedes-AMG
    Lewis Hamilton
    George Russell

Ferrari
    Charles LeClerc
    Carlos Sainz

McLaren
    Lando Norris
    Daniel Ricciardo

Alpine
    Fernando Alonso
    Esteban Ocon

Alpha Tauri
    Pierre Gasly
    Yuki Tsunoda

Aston Martin
    Sebastian Vettel
    Lance Stroll

Williams
    Nicholas Latifi
    Alex Albon

Alfa Romeo
    Valteri Bottas
    Nikita Mazepin

HAAS
    Mick Schumacher
    Nikita Mazepin

Junior Potato
    And McLaren will unveil their car on 11th of Feb, while Ferrari will be 17th Feb.

WTF?!?! Nikita MaximumSpin will be spinning around in 2 racing seats? Dang, so good to have a rich daddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Somehow I missed this (and apologies if it's been mentioned already) but Albon is driving for Williams this year. I only just found out.
    I've been keeping the first post of the thread updated with the driver lineups as they were confirmed, including the return of AA - but to be fair, I know that's less obvious than posting a new message at the end of the thread.

I'm super-happy that Alex is back, his junior career and the way he's talked of by his peers are better than his Red Bull drives showed, and given how others have struggled in the second RB seat, I'm glad to see him get another go. I don't feel his ability has been proved or disproved yet, really keen to see how he gets on.

I think I saw an youtube video explaining how all of Max's teammates had been screwed because Max prefers driving an "unstable" car. Most modern jet fighters are designed to be dynamically unstable so that they can be incredibly maneuverable. However, such instability is also tamed by computer control systems so that pilots don't have to constantly compensate for things so that the plane won't lose control!

Anyway, it seems Max prefers unstable cars and the team's engineers were guided down that path because of Max's preference. Yeah, it lead to a championship winning car for Max, but it's just not a great car for most other drivers.

2022 should be a good 'reset' for RB. It'll be interesting to see how Perez really compares with Max in a car that hopefully they both helped developed? Or probably had a lot of contributions from Albon... Anyway, hope he does well in Williams just as Gasly is seemingly doing rather well in AT.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Newsflash:

There may not be sprint races in 2022.

What do you know?, between this and the probable build up of frustration over at Alpine, I might be back for some schadenfreude.
    acket.

Cars will have first runs on Feb 23rd-25th at Circuit de Catalunya. But proceedings will not be televised, nor will it have live timing updates, nor will it allow spectators on track.

And it will not be considered a test because Bahrain paid good money to have the pre-season test there on March 10th-12th.

Quote Originally Posted by The Internet
    The sport ended 2021 with ridicule and looks like 2022 is picking up where that season left off.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Bayer, FIA's Secretary General for Sport
    Michael did a super job in many ways, we definitely don’t want to lose him. We told him that, but also that there is a possibility that there could be a new race director. I can only make suggestions to the World Council and they will definitely include Michael.
    acket.