Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Season - "Big Wheels"

Sebastian Vettel could retire by the end of the season.
    Favourite replacements are Mick Schumacher and Fernando Alonso so far (who could be ousted out of Alpine in favour of Oscar Piastri).

Yikes. Aston is a downgrade for nearly everyone on the grid.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I thought he was going to milk it for as long as he could, but nowadays the guy seems more interested in things outside of motor racing, so kudos to him.

What happened with the traditional Monaco GP schedule, weren't sessions held on thursday, saturday and sunday? I was under the impression the race itself was part of some religious festivity.
    acket.

Irritating that F1 has backed down on jewelry rules. Fucking weak ass bitches.

I think that issue came in tandem with the new fireproof underwear regulations. They can't properly enforce them because other series are underserved by suppliers, IIRC there was only one producer of the appropriate bras and they were having supply shortages.

Whilst it was a bit on the theatrical side in Miami, from Vettel (superman style) and Hamilton (wearing his three-watches), it was a way to bring attention to the problems racers in junior series were having. Remember kids, there's a lot of behind the scenes politicking with the FIA.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; May 26th, 2022 at 01:03 PM.
    acket.

I donít know understand why drivers would want to carry additional unnecessary weight during a race and I also donít understand why FIA would care enough to codify it. If a driver is stupid enough to wear 10 watches or pierce his or her body all over the place, should be their choice. Just specify what kind of safety gear to wear ought to be enough.

Anyway, Charlie boy looks fast again. Hope he wonít crash again.

New Mercedesí updates doesnít look promising here. Mclaren looks faster here.

So everyone says the cars are too big and heavy.

If teams are struggling to get to the weight target at the current regulations then it’s not even a solution to just lower the weight limit. They’ll need another complete regulation change to reverse the current trend. So we are still years away from any sort of move to even begin to reverse the trend of bigger, fatter cars. Such a bummer.

That was very amateur from Sainz.
    acket.

Mandate the cars to be shorter, they will immediately become lighter.

They are long because of aero reasons, there's no mechanical rationale behind their length. Because of all the forces pushing down, they also need to be sturdy, which means added mass, specially around the floor, because center of gravity. The cars can be made light already, but because they're so long they'd be all wobbly.
    acket.

Shorter will help reduce bouncing too probably.

Anyway, the Mexican driver looks to be on fire! RB can probably only execute team orders thru bad pit strategies for Perez to fall behind max?