Page 14 of 182 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2022 Season - "Big Wheels"

The military has a leadership concept of "lost confidence." That is what we have here in Masi. He knew or should have known what he did was wrong. If he gets away with it once there is zero reason to think he won't do it again. He blew it in the biggest way. There is no coming back from that. Give him a job sharpening pencils if you want, but he has demonstrated he is not capable of making important decisions under pressure.

It also says a lot that someone would lobby to keep him because his fuckup helped elevate their favorite driver. I think Masi's incompetence was driver agnostic, he favors the show and will compromise competition to do so. That can't happen.
    Last edited by dodint; January 28th, 2022 at 05:19 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    What the jarhead said.
    acket.

Yeah, for a low level worker, we probably shouldn’t fire the guy for a single mistake, but for senior management, you need to demote or replace the guy for sure.

It’s also became increasingly clear that Ham will retire if FIA does nothing. I can’t imagine FIA being that arrogant and just won’t admit that they made a mistake and that this black driver’s feeling just don’t matter…

Yeah, no, i think that's racist. And unnecessary.

Which is redundant, because racism is fucking unnecessary.

There's no need to talk about the color of Hamilton's skin when discussing his job.

This off season has cleared my mind on a lot of things about the people in F1.

And one person I am much clearer about is Hamilton. GOAT? I don't know, really, i have no clue. The guy makes too many mistakes, he is not a "clean" driver in the "Seb Vettel is going to drive off into the sunset" sense. But, Hamilton's mistakes are a part of why he is such an exciting driver, because 8 out of 10 times he'll climb out of the hole he dug for himself. And in crunch time? that's the guy you want... he's even better than Prost at performing in high pressure situations.

So, calling him black driver or green driver or whatever is just disrespectful. That person is a source of hours of joy and amusement to us watching on the telly. He is just a sportsman, and a damn fine one
    acket.

I think you’re overly sensitive about the color of his skin. Mercedes f1 car has a black skin now because of blm. Should we ignore the current color of Mercedes’ f1 car too?

F1 will suffer a huge loss if ham retires because of FIA’s cavalier attitude about their lame ass calls. I’m a Max fanboy and even I recognized that lame ass call.

In a way, I can’t believe they’re still investigating. What’s there to investigate?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 28th, 2022 at 10:20 PM.

Administrator
    Not to discount Hamilton's accomplishments, but will F1 suffer a huge loss if he retires? At least for me, when you get one dominant driver like Schumacher or Hamilton, it gets boring and I pay less attention.

For sure there’ll be a ‘momentum’ loss. Ham for sure has a huge fan base, not to mention all the technical/financial folks tied to him… besides Ham, Mercedes for sure also won’t be very happy if the ‘investigation’ resulted in Masi keeping his job. It’ll probably end up like the CART/IRL split. Ham and some fans here on this forum have all made it pretty clear that they would leave if FIA doesn’t rectify the problem. I wonder how much longer does FIA need to drag this shit on…

I don't think Mercedes withdrawing their appeal before the ICAS depended on the termination of employment for a specific person but rather on what lawyers call "measures of non-repetition", which may include termination but should not be limited to that.
    acket.

For him to keep his job, he’s gonna have to get on his knees and repent of his sins and beg Ham for forgiveness…

He’s probably better off just go find another job. Surly it won’t be too hard to find another higher paying job… Why insist on holding on to the race director job? Mercedes is just being nice to not specified their demand in detail, but surely they all know what had to be done. I’m just wondering what other hidden forces are at work to make this ‘investigation’ drag on for this long.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    He’s probably better off just go find another job. Surly it won’t be too hard to find another higher paying job… Why insist on holding on to the race director job?
    I would 1000% take a job judging F1 races even if I got a significant pay cut. If I knew that job was a possibility, I'd be there in a fucking second.