Page 145 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1812

Thread: F1 2022 Season - "Big Wheels"

Junior Potato

Well played sir…

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    This race reinforced my view that cars need to be less dependent on aerodynamics, they should also aim to have a shorter wheelbase.

I think one of the reasons why they aquaplane so much is because of both those things, once those big boats start to float they're nearly impossible to control, and in a race situation that is a certain pile up.

That's why they don't let them race with rain coming down, it's not down to Pirelli, it's because of the design philosophy for the cars.
    acket.

Teams have been against reducing aero importance for decades, good luck with that.
    I'd like simplest aero ever (like in the 90s), lighter and smaller cars.
    But what you wish for ain't what reality will roll on... unfortunately.

We will wait ages again for a post-race decision.
    Go-kart track, dangerous and even with few drivers out and two safety cars the race was boring as hell.
    Nascarization of F1 continues forward, anyway.

Yes, but.

They keep adding street circuits.

One does not go well with the other.
    acket.

I know... but spectacle and entertainment seemingly are more important than motor racing.
    And having an american company providing for the whole media aspect is like getting McDonald's to do the catering of an healthy nutrition convention.

On the race: how convenient is that the whole focus is on Perez possible penalty instead on how Leclerc threw away a decent win with a, quite usual for him, mediocre start?

Perez given two separate penalties for his SC infringements. One is a 5" time penalty added to his race time and the other a reprimand.

He still wins.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    On the race: how convenient is that the whole focus is on Perez possible penalty instead on how Leclerc threw away a decent win with a, quite usual for him, mediocre start?
    The RB was just faster. Look at how effective the DRS was for Verstappen and how ineffective it was for Leclerc.

A lot of drivers had issues on the second phase of the launch, IMHO it was down to heavy cars on cold tires on a damp track.

And that is only going to get worse if they keep having night races on street circuits AND ban tire blankets.
    acket.

Well, but they have shunts and accidents... that's fun, innit?!??

I dunno, Leclerc could have blocked as well as Perez did, also DRS did not came in the equation for half the race.
    Still not what I expect from a driver racing for the championship.
    Cars were floating, having zero grip (Sainz said it clearly he floated the whole race) - how *entertaining* is to see a car make a mistake and get out of the contention right away because it hit the wall instead of grass and/or gravel which could get the car back on the track with lesser damage?

That notwithstanding the fact that I'm a strong proponent since forever of the same rule as in Motorbike racing: you get on the gravel? Marshals can push you back on track and let you keep on racing.
    F1 rule (if a marshall touches the car it is automatically out of the race) is anachronistic and even stupid from the, oh my, would have you guessed?, entertaining point.

But no, we think idiotic stuff like Sprint Races or Reversed grids are feasable instead of something like this.

Another point to discuss: whoever it is, Hamilton, Perez, Verstappen, got to stop whining about Safety car speed.
    Safety car speed is NOT determined to keep their tires warm but to keep the drivers, and marshalls, safe and compact them before a restart.
    So cut your whine... you are a F1 driver, you are paid millions to be able to keep on track a car with colder tires on a restart.
    Last edited by Blerpa; October 2nd, 2022 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    I dunno, Leclerc could have blocked as well as Perez did, also DRS did not came in the equation for half the race.
    That was kind of my point, sorry if I didn't express it clearly, the RB had such and advantage that without the equalizer that is DRS, the others had no chance. And even then, when DRS was deployed it only further enhanced its advantage*.

Yes, agree on your points about F1 racing with an anachronistic rule set and on the SC being a safety device.

* Which goes to show how much it meant if RB did indeed break the budget gap in 2021, its effects cascade well into 2023. I believe it was a calculated risk on their part, thinking that, if caught, they'd only be penalized for their constructor points of 2021.
    acket.