Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell me your favourite jimdoha stories

Tell me your favourite jimdoha stories

Just in case you did not hear, jimdoha passed away of cancer this week. For those of you that do not know who that is, I will explain. Jim was part of the regular group of Xbox Live players back in the day. Me, Jim, NickT, Kid21, effingham, Kchrpm, TM Riddle, novicus, Samurai Nigel, among others, played Halo and Call of Duty together just about every day for years. Jim participated in this community for a little while, but did not post much. He was loved like a brother by several members of this community, past and present.

One of my first memories of jimdoha was in Halo, of course. We were playing multiplayer battle where the objective was to hold the skull for as long as possible. Jim got ahold of the skull and went into the air vent in the middle of the map, which threw him up and down in the air. He just bounced up and down yelling, "Kill me red team!" He basically just bounced up and down while the other team unsuccessfully tried to get the skull. We just basically stood back, watched and laughed.

When Jim thought our team's victory was imminent, he sometimes would team kill for laughs. We had come to expect it from him, so it was all in good fun. I never did stuff like that. We were playing a flag capture game and I was carrying the flag into our base for the final cap and Jim was between me and the capture point. It's like things went to slow motion. Jim turned to face me, shotgun in hand and murder in his virtual eyes. I put the butt of the flag through his face and capped for the win. The rest of the team, who were high fiving each other at that moment all screamed, "Oooooohh!" Jim said, "Good one, Cam." We all had a good laugh.

Man, sorry to hear that he passed away.

Sorry to hear…, thanks for the explanation. We really had no idea who he is. Sounds like a fun guy!

My memory of JimDoha, in general, is him making every night of gaming better with his personality, teamwork, and skill.

A specific memory is a game at Blood Gulch where a random teammate drove off with the Warthog and no gunner before I could get to it. Jim went out, killed him, and brought it back to me, without any prompting or request.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, he was a funny guy and very skilled at first-person shooters--a stone cold murderer, even. He was the best player I ever had the pleasure of teaming up with.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    My sincere condolences.
    acket.

I want to reiterate that Jim was talented but also understanding of other people's skill levels, preferences, etc. He realized what you were good at, didn't expect you to do things outside of your scope and knew to call out positive feedback when you did (like the couple times I did ok with the sniper).

He was just about the perfect teammate to have for a fun night of gaming, and we had so many of them. And it really seemed like that was just genuinely him, and he was probably that way in most situations.

RIP.

Jim was my best friend. We grew up together here in NE Ohio where we met in grade school. I spent an awful lot of time with him and his family to the extent that they are actual family to me still to this day. Words cannot express what I am feeling. I am going to miss him more than I can even imagine.

I am quite happy to see the love that he's getting, and I have received some thoughtful messages. He made an awful lot of friends with this group and it shows. It speaks volumes to the type of dude Jim was. Thanks again to everyone that has reached out to me. It really is appreciated.

I had heard that there was a video of some sort. If someone could find a way to get it to me or Heather I would be eternally grateful.