Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell me your favourite jimdoha stories

Just want to extend my condolences to everyone, I'm not sure I ever met him, but I do remember him in a few Halo games back before I gave up on that, seemed like a great a dude like most everyone in this community is. RIP <3

Nice to see you Nick. I am so sorry about Jim. I knew you guys were best friends. I think this is the video you heard about. I shot the footage at the 2009 Chicago Auto Show gathering and edited it later. https://cameronporter.net/videos/chicago09.wmv

Thanks, Cam. I was just at adding context for anyone that didn't know. That video is awesome, I forgot all about it. Fun fact about that auto show weekend: I called Heather on Valentine's Day to ask her out.

I'm so sorry for your guys loss. I'm not certain if I met Jim, but it's clear from the post that he was well loved. Hugs to you all.

I said it briefly in the other thread because I hadn't seen this thread:

But when I first got into online console gaming (on 360), many people here (Carlo, Keith, Nick, Bill, Cam, Nigel, Randy and many others) included me in their shenanigans. And JimDoha was often part of that group. I want to echo what Keith said, because it really is a good distillation of my experience playing with Jim: He had a presence to him that was kind-hearted and welcoming regardless of skill, all while top-fragging, carrying the team, AND making people laugh. That was pretty apparent to me almost immediately after meeting him.

Really gutted to hear the news. And for those that were even closer to him.

Sorry to hear this sad news.

So heartbroken when I heard Jim had passed. My experience was exactly the same as Keith and Scott have mentioned. He was an awesome teammate and a great person.

As for a specific memory I have of him... The one that always comes to mind is our Valentines Day massacre in the first COD Modern Warfare. I think we were waiting for the rest of the COD crew on our weekly gaming night. We just thought we'd jump into a team deathmatch and warm up. It was on the map with a bunch of shipping containers and I called out a challenge to use only shotguns. I don't even remember if we had teammates. We destroyed the other team!!! And we had a blast. We were laughing at how just about everything went our way. It could not have been a better game.

At the end of the game I was ecstatic to have gotten 40 some kills (out of 100 for the whole team). As we laughed and waited for the end game stats to show up, Jim had 50+ kills.

My best non-Jim memory was when that same game first came out. Chris and I where playing and I got a huge kill streak, like 17 or so... and I rubbed that in Jim's face for weeks, until he finally beat my record (obviously).
    He would pretend to be pissed and laugh it off knowing that I was just joking.

Fucking Jim. He was the best!

Gooooooooooooold!!!

I remember a game where a couple of my team mates were arguing about who gets the sniper rifle. (TM Riddle was not playing with us at the time.) Jim basically told them to shut up and just play, "We got two B snipers fighting over the sniper rifle... Cam's a B+." I responded, "Thanks, Jim. That is nice of you to say."

He always added a lot to the in-person gatherings. If he was there, it was a party. Y'all were so jazzed to get to hang with him in person, on the rare occasion. And what makes you happy, makes me happy.

What makes you sad makes me sad, too.

My condolences to those grieving this loss to our community. Thank you for sharing the happy times. ❤️

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Still feel, numb. Jim, Nick, Nigel & Chris made a yearly pilgrimage to my tiny house in IN from about 2004-2009.

One year for the autoshow, can't remember which one, one of the earlier ones, Nick and Jim show up, I thought "sweet, I don't have to drive this year", so I started on the Morgan early (like 2pm early, they weren't supposed to be at my house until 6-7pm).

They show up in Jim's Focus, stuffed to shit with TVs/sleeping bags, everything. Even with a 4 hour head start on "festivities", there was no way my claustrophobia was going to let me sit in the back all the way to Aurora. So I threw Nick the keys to my Explorer, we transferred cargo to it from teh Focus, and off we went.

That was also the first time I met Jay and Lori, and probably horrified her.

That fucking mouse.

Nick, I can't imagine any words that might help, but I will say he will be deeply missed. I know it's been a while since I had the chance to hang with you guys (NYE 2012-2013 I think), but the countless times I did get the pleasure, it was among the best I can remember.

love you buddy.