Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Worlde

Haha! 👍

I used to play something more resembling hard mode early on, but play more systematically now. Which also probably is more boring.
    I may play a couple of rounds of hard mode, it seems more fun.

The day has come!
    The word I have dreaded and anticipated is here, and I emerged victorious!

NYTimes Wordle Sun January 21, 2024
    (How did we used to know what the puzzle number was?)

Me: (Hard) 2/6

Me: (Hard)
    Spoiler:
    N Y M P H
    N O R T H

Wordle should start repeating answers, because whether a word was an answer already is becoming too useful information.

It seems now that if you visit the wordle page without previous history, NYTimes will no longer keep your history in your cookies for you; they insist you sign up for a free account.

Unfortunately, this can also happen after the dreaded "something went wrong" error, Which I actually thought they had fixed. (It used to merely incorrectly break your streek).

In Lewdle I am having good success by analyzing its dictionary as defined by previous answers (and also allowed clue words). And then, when several answers are possible, examining which ones were most recent often allows me to get the answer on the second guess.

...And a few days ago NYTimes began to ignore your/my hard-won cookie history entirely. So I keep playing each day, recording my results, and some day might write my own analyzer to determine my stats from that. (In the past bugs would cause your streak to get incorrectly broken, anyway).

As I say I record the results from every day. And, since it has been announced somewhere that Wordle will never repeat, old results often provide useful information to eliminate possible choices.