Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GTXers do Time Trials and Track Days - 2022

And the sheer adrenaline rush of golf…

Have you tried hotlapping or golf?

I mean, in real life, not on your couch?

I have hundreds of laps logged at Sebring as well as auto-x.

Before that I tried golf for a year or so.

No experience necessary in either to know golf is not an adrenaline rush that driving is.
    Last edited by JoeW; January 31st, 2022 at 09:42 AM.

But you understand the concept of working against a course to better yourself, right? Time Trials and golf are different expressions of the same discipline.

And Sebring is a glorified parking lot so that resume checks out.

You are such a dipshit.

I commented on the adrenaline rush of golf. Which is negligent compared to blasting around a racetrack.

If you get more of a adrenaline rush from golf than lapping a racetrack then I would imagine every racer ever would disagree.

So glad I don’t have to deal with your sorry ass in real life. Sebring a parking lot…that’s rich. One of the most storied tracks in USA. Go play some golf…

Everything is zero-sum with you. That seems like a pretty miserable way to approach any hobby.

I'm involved with several regional and national level programs and you're the only person that seems to have a problem with me. I wonder why that is...

I get it now.

I made a little joke about golf not being as adrenaline pumping as racing. You jump on it and try to discredit any life experiences I may have had because of your dislike for me. So good on you for trying to belittle my experiences because you don’t like me.

I know your type.

The Sebring jab is an in-joke between myself and some folks in the community (two of which are already in the thread and will recognize it). I apologize for directing it towards you like that because you weren't in a position to understand it was a joke, and I see how that wasn't fair to you. I was supposed to race at Sebring as part of an endurance team this spring but it got shitcanned for organizational purposes. Nobody is discounting your experience.

I do think you have a zero-sum approach to motorsports, that's how you carry yourself around here anyway. You don't seem to enjoy something unless it's at the expense of others. You wouldn't be a great fit for the programs I'm involved with if you carry yourself that way in real life, but I'd welcome you to come out and see if we can help you find the right mindset to succeed in our events.

I also think you're barking up the wrong tree in regards to me being a 'sorry ass dipshit' when it comes to at-the-track presence. There are three people that have already posted in this thread that has been on track at one of my events and had a good time, two of them were in my car and the other made huge strides last year in his car. You're right, you and I don't get along on here, and that's fine. But that dynamic is absolutely at odds with the experience I help create for participants at the events I'm involved with at the race track.

You two definitely need to go to a track day event together and have some beers so you can become friendly rivals or rivalrous friends. I suggest Road Atlanta or VIR, based purely on your locations.
    Get that weak shit off my track

My car and motorcycle track days ended back in 2005 with the birth of my first child. Golf days ended in the late 90's. Just living my life vicariously driving online race series, an 2011 Expedition and a 2011 4Runner and a 2005 21' Robalo boat we got a couple of years ago. Just getting by...nothing fancy. No extra money for golf, sportscars etc.

So good on you for staying with your hobbies and having fun.

I said "such a dipshit" not "sorry ass dipshit". I think my version is slightly less offensive

Can neither confirm nor deny zero-sum traits. I think it's a just a few people here that rub each other the wrong way. Probably not a real life personality trait of anyone here...just E-fighting.