Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2022

Yeah the coverage I get from CNBC showed some highlights beforehand. That was ridiculous. We get those kind of rains here as well. They just had no idea…then they were on ice

Yikes! I missed that when I watched the GP.

Reminds me of the crash at Le Mans a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCe5Lzfhs7g
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

And online comments like "what were the flag marshalls doing?" - well they aren't suppose to flag for rain, just oil etc. And they were quick when the first few went down, but the rest were so close behind and probably saw the crash before any flags. Also clearly too late to do anything, probably thinking the others were way too hot but we will be fine.

Junior Potato
    Also taking into account it was lap 1 of a race that started in poor conditions, and they're all between the ages of 15 and 25 years old and thinking "throttle goes brrrr lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    And online comments like "what were the flag marshalls doing?" - well they aren't suppose to flag for rain, just oil etc. And they were quick when the first few went down, but the rest were so close behind and probably saw the crash before any flags. Also clearly too late to do anything, probably thinking the others were way too hot but we will be fine.
    Always thought the red and orange flag was ‘reduced adhesion’ no matter the cause.

I think you're right, and they use it when rain starts to fall I think. But this was a drying track from earlier rain, right? So I think they should have known the conditions from the warmup lap.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Junior Potato
    Looks like Suzuki is out of MotoGP at the end of this season. They cite costs as the reason. Official announcement is imminent.

Joan Mir has been rumoured to be in talks with Repsol Honda, while Alex Rins has nothing on the table yet.

I say put Rins on the factory Aprilia to replace Espagaro and see what he can do.

Don't know why you'd want to get rid of Aleix, he's doing great, unless the contract hold-up is indeed going to end badly.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Yeah I just watched Jerez and Aleix got on the podium with a fine ride.

Marquez with another classic mid corner elbow save. Then on the last lap passing Miller he left probably a 50ft black stripe through a corner. Just good stuff.

MotoGp clearly has it right. From track to track the advantage swings from racer to racer. A guy could finish 1st on one track and be mid pack at another. I love that.

I just watch the highlights on YouTube, and the Catalan GP at Barcelona is just full of weirdness.