Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petition: Bring back standing start races in career mode

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I raised the PP of the opponents in a GT Sport race the other night (i'm back to playing that game to get my GT fix now) which gave me JGTC opponents in my GT3 (?) class Porsche on the 24h Nurb. I'd all but lost sight of them by the time i got to the Nordschleife. I'm needing more practice methinks, as spun out/went off track more than once.

I'm too used to Forza's rewind button, so after spins etc i go to press it then realise i'm playing GT and have to actually race harder to catch the pack again.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Was playing the game last night and the night before and have started noticing an interesting side effect of the rolling start races. It's that i basically no longer bother watching the replays anymore. I always do when i've created a custom race with a standing start, but with rolling start races i just don't see the point since half the field is already way out of the replay camera shots of my car.

I think i mentioned it in another topic, or maybe just on GTP, but GT is pretty much the only game where i look forward to watching the replays (and often do). So to notice this wee side effect last night got me quite disheartened. I'm glad at least i can still get my replay fix by custom racing, but still - it shouldn't be that way.

I've saved an absurd amount of replays from every single GT game (in the GT2 days i even bought an extra memory card to store just GT2 replays - which i still have), as i just love watching them so much.