Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GR Corolla Official

I'm in agreement with CudaMan that the Corolla GR was the correct move for the US market. Toyota isn't bothering with a US spec car in that class anymore, after all. The choice wasn't between a US market Yaris GR and this Corolla GR. The choice was, and is, Corolla GR hot hatch or no Toyota hot hatch.

The Corolla hatchback has even less interior room and cargo space than my MK 7.5 GTI, which itself has less cargo space than my 1st gen Mazdaspeed3.

Should my GTI meet an untimely end (I tend to keep cars a long time), I'll consider a Corolla GR if it's not priced like the Golf R.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I know it's basically homologation special right?
    Yes, a body made for a stillborn rally project that met its demise at the hands of COVID, but the buying public still got to benefit from their efforts.

Just as the FiST is almost paid off I see this.

I definitely dig this; my problem with it is what I have with nearly every car these days - namely, that my wife and I now are permanent work-from-home. I'm still driving the Challenger I bought as my 30th birthday present to myself - I'm now 41, the Challenger only has 85,000 miles, and what few miles I drive get split between the Mazda B2600i 4x4. I just don't do much driving outside of road trips these days.

I drive my little Toyota Aqua hybrid the most, because fuel bills.

I had an Evo 10 Lancer for six-ish months, and only drove it a couple thousand km in that time. At which point, it had increased in value to the point where I just sold it again.

This is potentially what might happen if I buy a GR Yaris. Just quietly, I am on the short list to get one of the next shipment to come to NZ. Which is a bit exciting, because the NZ spec is one of the best available, as you get all the go fast bits (Torsen diffs, different swaybars etc), and you also get the nice mod-cons package with the big screen. Most markets you can have either the track pack, or the convenience pack, and can't actually get both in the same vehicle.
    Downside is, they haven't actually released a price... so it might end up being too much.
    Used GR Yaris' on the market here, are up to 20% over the new price.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Downside is, they haven't actually released a price... so it might end up being too much.
    Used GR Yaris' on the market here, are up to 20% over the new price.
    Quick conversion from the Mexican Toyota website clocks in at 51k NZD
    acket.

Yeah, but we're at the end of a very long supply chain. The last lot was NZ$59k, and the world has become a lot more expensive since then.
    Last edited by Leon; April 2nd, 2022 at 10:26 PM.

Forged carbon roof... Hmmm

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Forged carbon roof... Hmmm
    On the special version yes.

Oh and exclusively MANUAL transmission, the way it should be

Far too much cash for a little box like that. So many more good values out there. For that money I’d buy a new Supra or something like that.