Thread: Connection issues

Connection issues

As noted by a number of users in the "Sporty Used car under $5-7k for my son" thread, I've been having a lot of trouble getting the site to load for about the past week - with the classic "connection has timed out message".
    Initially, it was just one of the PCs on my network, then it progressed to all 3 - now I can only get on through my phone. I tried clearing my cookies and caches, as well as power cycling my router, but nothing has helped.
    Any suggestions? Has anything changed on the site end?
    -Formerly Stabulator

Administrator
    Huh, I have not run into this at all. The fact that you can still pull it up on your phone makes me think it's not some issue pulling up pages for your account. Do you run into it if you put your phone on your wifi rather than go over the cell signal?

I actually just tested this inadvertently - got a connection timeout when I tried to check this, switched off my phone's wifi and it connected immediately.
    So apparently it's somewhere on my end- router or isp (google).

Administrator
    Now we get to figure out if it's a DNS thing or some other sort of connectivity issue, but I'd assume it's something with the ISP.

Well, the issue seems to have magically fixed itself overnight - I'm posting this from my primary PC, which was the one that lost the site first.
    So - good job doing or not doing a thing!
    -Formerly Stabulator

Administrator
    Sometimes I even impress myself.

Yeah it finally worked for me after resetting all my shit at home. I figured it out when I was away from the house somewhere and just gave it a shot and it worked. Got home and it didn't. Maybe something here on the site set off some sort of blocker on our router's end?

Could be - It was one of those things where I was gonna contact my isp about it, but life caught up/delayed me and then it fixed itself.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Whatever it was that caused my issue above might be coming back - Starting yesterday morning, I've had increased* load times on here. This is the same way it started happening back in January.

I'll keep you posted if it continues, and talk to my isp if it starts failing again.

*: Increased from almost instant to noticeable waits.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Administrator
    I've been noticing weird latency to all sorts of sites, gmail actually was timing out for me earlier today. However, other sites will run fine at the same time, which makes me feel like it has to do with some sort of major network node, not just my local network.

Let us know if it keeps happening though.