Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun - Sports car, supercar, lightweight, replica?

I imagine he wants a car with some sort of dealer support network instead of the esoteric brands that work out of a glorified garage

Being driven on public roads would eliminate some of the above as well.

The Cayman GT4 or Spyder is nice. The 911 Targa offerings are nice also. Just looking at your first choice was the Mac 570 Spider...I assumed you liked that spider look.

Exige.

I'd probably lean towards the Emira rather than the Evora, as it's apparently a more thoroughly engineered version of the same car. But Lotus is in the running, either that or a V6 Exige.

To me the S2K isn't obviously preferable to the RX-7, both front-mid engined but the latter has more power and HPAS.

GR Yaris I'm unsure about to be honest, probably looking more towards a RWD car for fun over raw speed.

I wouldn't want a single-seater like the Mono, just because I think half the fun is sharing the car with others.

Atom V8 is vanishingly rare - did they even make the intended 25 - and looks like the last one went for £170k so a bit over budget.

Sin R1 is an interesting possibility, not keen on the looks/name and seems a bit obscure, but nice engine and a bit smaller/lighter than the C8.

Unsure about open or closed, have always had coupes but perhaps when looking for outright fun, an open car will be better. The attraction of the Mac Spyder is that with the carbon tub and folding hard-top, by all accounts there is zero downside, with the roof up it's as good as the coupe, but can always drop it for more "intensity". But yeah would consider both in general.

I love the SIN R1. Fell in love with them watching them compete in PWC a few years ago.

I'm going to recommend against Macca, many of them seem to live at the dealership for repairs, or the repairs are ignored by the owners. From what I have heard from the local super car guys, the Lambo group are very reliable. I don't know if I could live with one to daily.

My top pics are Emira, Cayman GT4, and C8 Z51/Z06

The C8 Z51 is exceptionally good. But I can't stop looking at the Emira. The GT4 is SOOOOOOO common around here.

I would definitely not consider the Chevy personally. But the Lotus looks really nice if the GT4 is too common for you

Have you tracked one yet?

Even with all seasons, they are *sharp*

Nothing to do with their capabilities. I just personally don’t like them

Junior Potato
    Well Lotus has freshly unveiled their Emira GT4 race car. You never know, they might do a hot street version (a-la the Cayman GT4) which could fit the bill perfectly.

Thought about this long and hard, and I honestly could not think of a fun car that I want to buy at this time and at my age…

If push comes to shove, I’ll probably get the v6 exige. If I’m super rich, then I’d probably buy them all like Jay Leno.

I guess there just isn’t a fun car in the market that I really love at the moment? How sad… seriously though, I’d rather invest the money somewhere. Actually, speaking of investment, maybe Porsche 911 GT3 RS would be an excellent choice, but of course I don’t have the money for that either… so I’ll stop dreaming for now! Sorry I’ve been no help at all!

Just buy which ever you love the most and hopefully it’ll go up in value as well!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 10th, 2022 at 11:12 PM.