Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Fun - Sports car, supercar, lightweight, replica?

Classiest color is Blue.

Yes, a lot of different colours around, it seems that people who bought a new McLaren were happy to pay a bit extra to get a 'special' colour, and McLaren were happy to oblige. Still, makes it interesting, and I don't actually have a deadline to buy ;-)

Agree I'm leaning away from the solid red, with so many interesting choices out there, there's no need to ape the Italians.

I quite like Curacao Blue, but it's a solid colour and I think I prefer those that are a bit more metallic:

The other one is the misnamed Mauvine Blue which is clearly a purple, slightly bluer/darker than Lantana and perhaps better for it, although I like both:

How many manufacturers offer a model in a choice of two different purples ?? And I've lost count of the number of oranges around. Great stuff from McLaren.

I can see why some people go for a boring grey, as it would attract less attention. However I found everyone to react very positively to the bright orange car, likely slightly more friendly and helpful than usual if anything, zero negative reactions that I noticed. Which makes me feel ok with getting something brightish, although not the hi-viz orange, no need to make the police's job any easier than necessary!

On the timing I can see it both ways. It's hard to predict what high-end car values will do next, there are forces pulling in both directions. On the one hand lots of people anticipated values crashing in 2008 and 2020, and they did the opposite. On the other, 9% inflation here does suggest we're due for some stiff interest rate hikes soon which could easily let the air out of the market. Because we're RHD there's limited import/export of our cars to other major world markets, so it does tend to be a bit of an isolated island in that regard.

I'm currently torn between going right ahead, selling the RX-7 and diving into the market, or waiting to see if the current economic clouds develop into a full-fledged downpour - my heart says the former, my head the latter. There's a solid argument for starting by putting the Mazda up for sale, either way.

For a safe dependable family/commuter car, for sure listen to the head.

For fun, I think even your head would agree that it makes no sense to deny the heart!

Do remember, dark blues are going to be almost black like in keeping them clean

Junior Potato
    Yeah whatever. Have you bought it yet?

(that dark purple is really nice. Papaya orange is the bestest)

Ooh, lots of great colors!

Vega Blue looks a lot like Daytona Blue that I had on my 350Z which was super striking in person when polished. It had that intensity to it and then the aqua flake on top in the sun.

I agree, Ferrari Red isn't the color for this car. But a red with orange/yellow highlights (like Volcano Orange up there) or even something like Nissan's Passion Red Tricoat would differentiate it enough from "standard red" to me to be a nice color. Passion Red fascinates me, it has kind of a pink/purple/candy red base hue and the highlights can either be lighter pink/purple red, or fiery orange/yellow. I think I just like paint that plays with the light, rather than the flat/solid paints that are trendy these days.

Lantana Purple works great on the 570S too! So does the green! That's a hell of a green. If it's the one I've seen in person it's retina-burstingly cool.

Whichever color you choose, the wheels on that Mauvine Blue car are the best.

The other wheels I see are great, too, but for some reason the 5-spoke wheels on the red and yellow cars you posted don't do it for me. And I'm normally a sucker for a 5-spoke wheel.

Ah, I knew there was a more interesting red out there, Volcano Red - would definitely be happy with this if one came up:

I like the wheels on the Curacao car best I think (with Alonso), however they look a bit like the 600LT wheels so unsure if many 570S will have them.

No matter, obviously I'll need to buy a set of TE37s for it anyway (j/k)

It looks like the same wheel to me with a different finish. Alonso's wheels are all one color, the others are polished faces and dark gray elsewhere. At least that's how it looks in the pictures to me.

Volcano Red is incredible! My new favourite.

I was originally going to say that the traditional orange was doing it for me. But then I saw that burgundy one above, now I'm conflicted.

Junior Potato
    It definitely does work better with a darker, but also very flamboyant, shade.