Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Fun - Sports car, supercar, lightweight, replica?

I'm not a huge fan of red but that Volcano Red is very nice. Looks like it has some fuschia tones in the metal flake.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of red but that Volcano Red is very nice. Looks like it has some fuschia tones in the metal flake.
    I agree.

I found a white one in Washington recently… does not look very good.

https://jalopnik.com/mclaren-600lt-s...1849109808/amp

The lack of damage is pretty amazing. It's like it hit the guardrail at like 20 MPH.

It's funny, other people have mentioned feeling worried about driving somebody else's supercar to the extent of it hindering their enjoyment, but I seemed to succeed in putting to the back of my mind any possibilities of a negative outcome such as the above to my three-day trip. Partly the car, partly the friendly hire place, partly my mindset which seems increasingly inclined to assume a positive outcome To be fair, I didn't even slacken the stability control to Dynamic mode, let alone turn it off.

The width of the 570 is quoted as 1915mm (75.4") 'without mirrors'. Sounds good, however 'without mirrors' doesn't mean 'with mirrors folded', it means with them removed altogether. 'Folding' the mirrors merely pivots them around their mounting point, reducing the full width of 2095mm by just 5cm to 2045mm. Which could be tricky, as I only have 2100mm across the doorframe of my garage! (Just under 7'). I think a new garage door, removing the wooden frame and giving clearance back to the brick pillars, will be required. Luckily the garage itself should be wide and high enough to get the dihedral doors fully open.

The other issue is that Atsuko isn't so keen on us owning such an ostentatious car. However she's always taken a bit of persuading with new car purchases - it was about two weeks between 'why did you get this car?' and 'I really like the new car' with the Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    The width of the 570 is quoted as 1915mm (75.4") 'without mirrors'. Sounds good, however 'without mirrors' doesn't mean 'with mirrors folded', it means with them removed altogether. 'Folding' the mirrors merely pivots them around their mounting point, reducing the full width of 2095mm by just 5cm to 2045mm.
    That reminds me of some of the more optimistic motorcycle non "wet weight" figures omitting literally all fluid (not just gas) and battery weight.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post

The other issue is that Atsuko isn't so keen on us owning such an ostentatious car. However she's always taken a bit of persuading with new car purchases - it was about two weeks between 'why did you get this car?' and 'I really like the new car' with the Merc.
    Oh, I think this will be the greatest of all issues! Didn’t realize this might be the issue originally… although I’m the one bringing home the money, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be shopping for any cars without my wife’s pre-approval…

Do it, man.