Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun - Sports car, supercar, lightweight, replica?

Just get it! You can park it at my garage for as long as you want!

Always good to get more info before buying.

And take it as good thing if the contractor is busy and won't be able to do the work for a bit of time. I would be worried if they said they could start right away, means they aren't busy and that usually means they don't do good work.

The sales guy at the dealer was really helpful, I had lots of questions and he answered them all. I asked about the cost of the 6th year service and he said he didn't know, then immediately called his service guy over and got a price. He also deviated from the party line on some questions, e.g. 'an approved car will come on Pirellis, when they wear out you should replace them with Michelins' - which was my belief too, but it's good to hear it from them. (PS4(S) are *much* better in the single-digit-celsius damp weather that makes up much of our winter).

Incidentally I asked about the 650S, he said it's an even better car to drive, but twice the price to own. Which is probably true in the context of McLaren dealer service, although perhaps somewhat less so if you go outside. But basically reinforced the idea a Sports Series is a sensible (well, less foolish) choice.

To be honest though, overall, last week I was thinking "It'll probably be expensive to own, but I want one anyway", and the only thing that's changed since talking to the dealer is I can remove the word 'probably' from that sentence.

Guy coming to quote for the garage tomorrow, so while the process is continuing to take its time, things are slowly falling into place.

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    (PS4(S) are *much* better in the single-digit-celsius damp weather that makes up much of our winter).
    I've been impressed by how much better PS4S have been in that sort of weather compared to the Bridgestones (RE050A and I forget what I replaced them with) I had on my Mazdaspeed3.

But, since we get significant snow and temperatures well below freezing, I just mounted my winter wheel and tire set yesterday.

PS4S are amazing tires for what they are.

My car came with Pirelli PZero, pretty average tyre. Swapped to Michelin Cup2 (supposedly an equivalent tyre, both Porsche spec) and it was much much better. The PS4S (not the PS4) is very good, also a new PS5 is suppose to be good. Not as "tracky" as the Cup2 but work much better in cold and wet.
    If by chance its on Pirelli Trofeo (I think they were standard on some models), they are a great tyre if you want outright grip but they dont last long. Like if you drive it hard you might get a week out of them!! They are tyre wear 60 compared to Cup2 at 200 and the PS4S at 300

With the crypto crash happening, it may be a good time to get ready for purchase...

A lot of luxury vehicles are starting to go for cheap.

That was a good tip, I saw something on social media more recently about McLaren prices dipping significantly following the cryptocurrency declines. However I think that's mostly a US thing, McLarens are cheaper here to start with and I don't think we had so many crypto-millionaires here in the first place. It feels like prices have slid a bit, but nothing that drastic.

Anyway, garage door should be done this Wednesday. Had a brief consideration of getting a Spider, but have decided I really want the GT, mainly because of the looks

I'm hoping to have a look at this orange car https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02209099603395

and this blue one https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02210020328713

Good stuff!

The orange one needs the interior of the blue one.