Thread: Of PC no-start condition and browser session information

Of PC no-start condition and browser session information

The sitch:

- Main computer won't boot (built it myself in early 2020). The PSU tries to start but only gets as far as emitting a little click and getting the PSU fan going for half a second. No motherboard lights come on, no power to the case fans or anything else.
    - My PSU passes the paperclip test (not a guarantee it's good, I hear)
    - I have about 237 unbookmarked Chrome tabs open on that computer that I want to keep (ah the joys of ADHD)

So where is Chrome browser session data stored? As a file on the hard drive? In RAM? I have Chrome set to resume where I left off.

Trying to figure out my diagnostic next steps, but suspecting the worst (mobo fried itself).

For now I'm going to see if I can put my old computer's PSU in. It's 550W instead of the 650W I've been using on the newer PC.

(Ryzen5 3600, 2070 Super, old ASUS sound card)

If you have Sync turned on in Chrome you can login on another computer, go to History (Ctrl+H), select Tabs From Other Devices, and they should be listed there.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    - I have about 237 unbookmarked Chrome tabs open on that computer that I want to keep (ah the joys of ADHD)
    Head asplode.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    On windows, at least, it looks like the current tabs are stored in

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sessions

It's not in totally human readable format, but I can see URLs in there. Hopefully that would be enough to recover if you hadn't already turned sync on to sync your browsing data to your google account.

Bad ram could cause non boot. And bad CPU.

Junior Potato
    Yeah just open it and give it a clean, and make sure that all the major components are secured. This could solve your issue without needing to pay $$$.

From there if it doesn't fix it then do some deeper troubleshooting.