Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport (Spring 2023)

It's 2022, graphics are IMPORTANT.
    As Keith said EVERY game trailer did that, also any single trailer of a PC sim, simcade and racing game shows off graphics as well as action on the track, so I don't see anything different from the usual.
    Also they presented a lot of other interesting and positive features which encompass what is motorsport and car racing (more than winning random tickets to buy components of a car and chatting with people in a hipster cafeteria...).

I truly hope physics are NOT the same as FM7 which for me would suck arse.
    Even FH5 physics with a big push on the simulative side and a deeper realistic feel would be better, IMHO.

So far it looks like I'd buy this game, it looks way more like a proper racing race car game than that shiny car collector emulator does on the whitey box...
    Last edited by Blerpa; June 13th, 2022 at 11:08 PM.

It was more their emphasis on "Look at the foliage on the trees, check out the detail on those rocks".
    Surely no one stops their car, mid race and goes "Shiiiiet, check out the detail of that cliff face".
    Not much details on the actual racing side of things, you know, what the game is about.

Plenty of people love photo mode, which is essentially stopping in the middle of a race to check out details.

But I agree, that bit wasn't very interesting to me.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobbo NZ View Post
    Surely no one stops their car, mid race and goes "Shiiiiet, check out the detail of that cliff face".
    The TV ad campaign for Gran Turismo 3 had variations of exactly this

The car would slam into the barrier because the driver was too busy checking out the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    The TV ad campaign for Gran Turismo 3 had variations of exactly this

The car would slam into the barrier because the driver was too busy checking out the scenery.
    I do vaguely remember that ad, GT3 was a long long time ago now.

Touting their new damage model then showing carbon fiber dent and scratch...
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Watching the Forza Monthly livestream:
    - There will be more details in future Forza Monthly events, as they get closer to release
    - Multiplayer is going to be race weekend style, with practice, qualifying, and scheduled races, as detailed before
    The focus of the last playtest brought this to light through the live event structure with open practice, qualifying, and the feature race. As the game is now, there’s a calendar of open and upcoming events that players can join, each of which features the previously mentioned open practice and qualifying sessions before moving players to the main event — a typical race weekend in the world of motorsports.
    - Raytracing is all the time, not just in replays or photo mode
    - Can set time, passage of time speed (including real time), and weather for all tracks (more details about free play mode later)
    - Track temp will be affected by time of day and weather (no talk about different seasons/time of year like PC2 does)
    - Tracks will rubber in
    - Unique damage model for each car, and wheels can be damaged (no mention of dented carbon fiber)
    - Fuel weight is incorporated in physics
    - Soft, Medium, Hard tires introduce strategy
    - Kyalami and fantasy GP circuit, in Japan near Mt Fuji, are new tracks

He also mentioned a "Year in Review" on the Forza site that covers everything they talked about with the game in Forza Monthly's last year, but I don't see an article, maybe he just meant this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17CWQGgCq24
    Get that weak shit off my track

So, PS5 are impossible to find in Italy, I'm plenty ok with my PC but GT7 hitch sometimes resurfaces it (although my last PS was the PS2 and last GT owned was GT3) amidst all the critics on the game... I managed to find a mate of a mate which is selling the PS5 for 600 euro with AC Valhalla and two controllers.
    BUT... FM gives me reasons to think "nah, I'm probably good with my PC sims and eventually FM for my simcade needs without shelling on a new console".
    Plus 600 euro buys you plenty of sim hardware...

Junior Potato
    A good PC performs double-duty by being able to play any first-party Microsoft game that comes out. I've tried to nudge you towards Game Pass before...

It's worth looking into, mostly in order to ameliorate your misgivings about investing heavily in games you might find yourself disappointed in after spending full price on them (*cough* FH5 *cough*).

If you're GP subscriber and the next FM disappoints you, then it's easy to uninstall it and move on to everything else that GP provides. I'm currently enjoying TMNT Shredder's Revenge tonight, so... enjoying what I can for my monthly fee.

RWA, I've Gamepass as well as single bought games