Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2022 Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Car market may be trending downward. Just received an email from the CA kia dealership where I bought my car informing me that now, we can actually 'pre-order' @ MSRP without markups!!! Wow! What a great deal!

Oh the good old days of PP(Pre-Pandemic) life, we use to think getting a car @ MSRP meant you were getting ripped off by the dealers!
    Yeah here the salesman said MSRP is the best price I can get. No negotiations. Basic supply and demand. Demand is high and supply is low. The days of low lease/finance rates are also gone for now.

The good thing is that you get to order the exact car that you want with the options you want and color etc.

When I worked at the ford dealership, you could order the vehicle, and unless it was damaged in transit, it was your's in 8 weeks

Well things are finally turning around for the better. Last week I made a deal for the 2022 Honda Pilot Black Edition. Came to terms with the price, which was largely nonnegotiable, but it is what it is. Cleaning out the Santa Fe this weekend and getting it ready for trade-in. Will take delivery of the new car on Monday.

Carfax situation had a breakthrough on Friday. They emailed me back stating that a police department in Gwinnett County GA issued the collision reports, and that I needed to contact them to get those police reports and show that it was not my vehicle involved. I was like oh great, I have to do Carfax's job for them. I emailed them yesterday morning and they were quick to respond. An officer told me that my VIN was copied and used on a stolen car in their county, and that in a couple of days I can get the actual police report. I forwarded that email to Carfax, which I'm thinking should be sufficient enough to get them to remove those bogus accidents off my car's record. So far it hasn't been done, but they did remove two service records from GA, so this should follow. They'll really be dicks if they insist on getting the actual police reports, which could take an extra few days. I was really grateful to the police department in Gwinnett County, they were very fast and accommodating.

I relayed all of this to the buyer and she was happy. She said she was still interested, and I was relieved. Now just waiting on Carfax to do the right thing and issue me a clean report. Then I can finally proceed with the sale of this car.

Great !

I had a bit of an issue selling the RX-7 when I found out just how rusty it was, but my buyer hung on and came and bought it as agreed a few days after it came back from the bodyshop. Hopefully your buyer will be similar

Sounds like everything’s gonna be okay! Fingers crossed!

I’d still try to cut a deal with the dealer to see if you can help curb inflation a bit by lowering the price! sounds like that black edition has been sitting around for a while…

Continuing saga with my back.
    Had a procedure (discogram) done to it a few weeks ago. It's a diagnostic tool for determining exactly where is the source of your pain. (quick recap. Rear ended on my motorcycle while waiting at a red light in Feb 2019. No gruesome injuries, but L4 and L5 in my lower spine were ruptured and have no fluid.)

What ever they did (they put you under, but, while under, you're somehow lucid enough to answer questions about your pain level as they inject whatever it is into your discs. Next level witchcraftery in my opinion. How am I simultaneously unconscious, but lucid?!?!?!?!) it gave me a reprieve for the first time in this entire debacle. First time I wasn't feeling like I had a weight pushing down on my back!

I resumed, carefully, my physical therapy, walking my apartment complex at night, and doing stairs before breakfast. Lost 5lbs. Observed my blood pressure go from bloody high to high but in the range of the high side of normal.

Then, it started again. Short sharp pains in my back today. Thought it was because I was upright, I was watching rugby. Went to bed and no pains. OK. It only happens when you're ... nope. Even lying down I got short sharp pains in my back.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

I'm trying hard not to let it get to me or get me depressed but it's ... not working. I was supposed to go hang out and be actively social- no, i've been home crying.

You'll excuse me if i'm not online much going forward.
    Thanks

Dude, I know we disagree much, but when we pray, if 2 or 3 agrees, then God shall let it be done! So hope you, or anyone else, will agree with me of the following:

May Heavenly Father bless you and keep you.
    May Lord Jesus turn his face toward you and give gracious healing to you.
    May Holy Spirit fill your heart and give you mo faith, mo hope, mo love and mo peace.

I pray I’m Jesus’ name.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Sounds like everything’s gonna be okay! Fingers crossed!

I’d still try to cut a deal with the dealer to see if you can help curb inflation a bit by lowering the price! sounds like that black edition has been sitting around for a while…
    The Pilot Black was actually sitting on the lot for a while. The salesman said they had to cancel the previous deal because the buyer's credit was fucked.

Sorry Mo for your pain and troubles.

I really hope you get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Continuing saga with my back.
    Had a procedure (discogram) done to it a few weeks ago. It's a diagnostic tool for determining exactly where is the source of your pain. (quick recap. Rear ended on my motorcycle while waiting at a red light in Feb 2019. No gruesome injuries, but L4 and L5 in my lower spine were ruptured and have no fluid.)

What ever they did (they put you under, but, while under, you're somehow lucid enough to answer questions about your pain level as they inject whatever it is into your discs. Next level witchcraftery in my opinion. How am I simultaneously unconscious, but lucid?!?!?!?!) it gave me a reprieve for the first time in this entire debacle. First time I wasn't feeling like I had a weight pushing down on my back!

I resumed, carefully, my physical therapy, walking my apartment complex at night, and doing stairs before breakfast. Lost 5lbs. Observed my blood pressure go from bloody high to high but in the range of the high side of normal.

Then, it started again. Short sharp pains in my back today. Thought it was because I was upright, I was watching rugby. Went to bed and no pains. OK. It only happens when you're ... nope. Even lying down I got short sharp pains in my back.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

I'm trying hard not to let it get to me or get me depressed but it's ... not working. I was supposed to go hang out and be actively social- no, i've been home crying.

You'll excuse me if i'm not online much going forward.
    Thanks
    It's called conscious sedation.

It's pretty cool stuff to see in person.