Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Sucks

I am running out of patience with Carfax. The whole week passed by and we haven't moved an inch towards resolving the issue. I gave them a verbal lashing in my latest email response to them. They are completely useless. I reached out to the buyer and asked her to buy this week or I have to pull the plug on the deal. I have several other people contacting me for this car. I'm waiting for her response, and hope she buys this week.

BTW, I uploaded pics of my new 2022 Pilot in the Garage. Check it out.

Finally.

TL Carfax report is clear. It was such a stressful situation that was driving me insane. I contacted the police department in GA for the police report and just like before they were very accommodating. I have nothing but good things to say about them. They emailed me a very detailed report indicating that my VIN was printed on a piece of paper and glued onto the car that was actually involved in these accidents. Apparently the officer had to go to a salvage yard in the Atlanta area to find the vehicle, as it was totaled. Its true VIN was revealed underneath, and this was a 2009 TL. Mine is a 2012.

I sent the report to Carfax yesterday and today they sent me the link for the new clean report. I contacted the buyer and just waiting for her to give me her email address so I can send her the report. Next we'll talk about making arrangements to complete the sale. This is a long weekend for us (Thanksgiving on Monday) so it'll be hard to do it. Plus there's a new delay now, my mechanic removed one of the tire pressure sensors because it was leaking air and temporarily replaced it with a regular valve. He was supposed to install a new one today but the guy was unreachable. This has caused a warning light to show up, as the other sensors have gone offline. Hopefully he gets this done by Tuesday so I can complete this sale by Wed/Thurs. Will slowly begin cleaning out the car this weekend.

Such a relief that this Carfax shit is over.
    Last edited by sandydandy; October 7th, 2022 at 03:43 PM.

The situation is just weird. Why would they glue your vin on their car? Possibly because that TL was already a salvage vehicle? Plus making the car instantly newer by a few years could increase its value?

However, DMV cannot tell that there are 2 vehicles with the same vin? Or I guess US and CAN don’t really talk to each other? Cars with the same vin could exist in every country around the world and owners wouldn’t know it? Wish carfax could do a better job monitoring these vehicles…

Anyway, glad the nightmare is over.

It's not hard to do if the person checking the vin for an inspection isnt diligent on certain aspects.

Well it’s finally done, TL is sold. I delivered it to the girl’s mechanic this morning and she met me there. The plan was to take it there so she could get the safety test done and then go register the car. My plan was to get paid first before any mechanic touched it, and was rehearsing this line all the way there. I was afraid her father would be with her and insisting on getting the safety done first before completing the deal. My anxiety was unnecessary as she was alone in the parking lot and met me right away and immediately pulled out the bank draft from her purse. I was relieved. I took the payment, filled out the bill of sale and we both signed it, gave her the ownership slip and took my plates off. She sat in the driver’s seat fiddling around with the car as she waited for mechanic to open. I waited for my son to pick me up, and when he did we said our final thanks and goodbyes and good lucks. We went straight to the bank and I deposited the draft. Then on the way to work I dreaded receiving a text from her saying the vehicle didn’t pass safety and that she wanted her money back. Had to wait anxiously for a few hours. Around 1:00 she texted me elated that everything went well and thanked me wholeheartedly. I wished her well and good enjoyment with the car.

Now in the evening I’m feeling a little sad. I don’t miss the car per se, well maybe a little bit. The headache and heartache it brought me far outweighed any enjoyment I got out of it in two years, but I generally really enjoyed driving it when it was healthy. I’m more sad that I never could figure out its problem. The underlying issue I mentioned way back in the first post of this thread about how it was just eating too much gas and fuel was reading rich. I wish it didn’t have to come to this, you know to selling it to get away from its problems. I really wanted this car to work and to keep it for at least 5-7 years, but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.

Life goes on, I’ll get over it.

Sorry, bruv. Maybe a nice Camry or Avalon?

Yep, life goes on, you’ll get over it with you’re newly leased cars…

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Sorry, bruv. Maybe a nice Camry or Avalon?
    Nah bruv, we're thinking a TLX. Looking at 2019s that are coming back from lease. Why Acura again after this brutal experience with the TL? Because I believe my car was an anomaly, and still trust the Honda/Acura name. Plus mine was an 8-year-old car when I got it back in 2020, ten years old at the time of selling. A 2019 TLX is only a few years old, and (hopefully) many years away from serious maintenance issues.

Targeting primarily the A-Spec models, hopefully we can get something in white.

So you may think I'm some super-rich guy who can get a brand new top of the line Pilot, plus a newer TLX. Actually my dad will be buying it as a gift for my son. A few months ago he started bugging my son about buying him a car, and we never really took him seriously. I had originally planned to get another Accord a few years old, and just put it on my line of credit. Turns out my dad is serious...and no complaints here. It'll save me a lot of money, which is something I really need. My dad's retired and has money to spare, and even wanted to look at BMW's and Mercedes models. We told him it's not necessary to go that high. Insurance will be hefty and those cars need premium fuel. The TL also required premium, and it hurt like hell at the pump. Newer Acura models don't require premium anymore, 87 octane is sufficient, (aside from the NSX and probably the new TLX Type S).

So in September they started going to dealerships to find 2018/2019/2020 TLX's, and we missed out on a lot of good ones because the TL's sale was being held up due to the Carfax shit. But no problem, it's not like they're all going to disappear. We'll find one eventually. They went to a dealership yesterday and took one out for a drive that they really liked, but upon returning the salesman told them it was sold. That sucked, but they'll go again to another place on Monday.

In the meantime I'm driving the beat up old van home every day since Wednesday when the TL was sold. I don't mind it in the interim. On Friday my mechanic finally installed the catalytic converters, which was a huge relief.

So all the elements of 2022 suckage have been resolved:

Santa Fe - check.
    TL - check.
    Van's cats - check.

It's probably about time to start winding down this thread, I guess. Once we get the TLX I'll post it in the Garage.
    Last edited by sandydandy; October 17th, 2022 at 01:32 PM.

2019 should be a safe year for TLX. 2018 may be riskier... So it might be good to miss out on the 2018 TLX!
    https://www.copilotsearch.com/posts/...ears-to-avoid/

Anyway, you definitely had the worst luck earlier... Stolen cat... my 2014 Santa Fe still works just fine...

Better luck next time man!

Nice to hear your Carfax escapade is resolved.