Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Cam: 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness

Shame about the radio issue. A little google only brought up a suggestion that you could tune the satellite channels to channel 0 and then they might be silent, but not sure if that was just on older Subarus.

If the radio goes on being that annoying then I'm sure it'll motivate someone somewhere to find a workaround and share it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Lori and I went out for breakfast this morning. I started the car and put the radio on the local university radio station. We got about 30 seconds out of the driveway and the radio automatically switched to an ad station for the satellite radio service. I think that is vile.

Now I have to figure out how to somehow uninstall the sat radio service app, if I even can.
    That's insanely lame. We certainly didn't experience that or I'd have never recommended subaru to anyone.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I'm sure it doesn't profit Subaru to make ad listening mandatory. Real culprit is probably the sat radio company.

Perhaps it's a good idea to let Subaru know about this BS and if possible, do a recall fix if Subaru wish to keep its customers.

The paint is peeling off the back bumper. When I say paint I mean what appears to be vinyl wrap.

What! Is there a wrapped section that's like matte or satin black instead of gloss clearcoat or something?

Every time we take a road trip, we loathe our infotainment system even more, especially the navigation.

I just use my phone.

The problem with using the phone is that you cannot use CarPlay and listen to music from a USB stick* at the same time.

*I have my entire music library on a USB memory stick.

In other news, I had the car in for service and to talk about the peeling paint. The service manager told me they would take care of it. They have since ghosted me, despite me leaving a phone message and e-mailing.

I meant I use my phone. I put my phone in a cup holder and plug it into a charger.

I used to be really into onboard navigation systems. I retrofitted them into Dodge Intrepid's and Neons back in the day, and always insisted on having one in any BMW that I bought after that. Then Google Maps/Wave blew past their capabilities so now...I just use my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    The problem with using the phone is that you cannot use CarPlay and listen to music from a USB stick* at the same time.

*I have my entire music library on a USB memory stick.

In other news, I had the car in for service and to talk about the peeling paint. The service manager told me they would take care of it. They have since ghosted me, despite me leaving a phone message and e-mailing.
    Couldn't you just buy a phone with 512gb-1tb storage and put your entire music library on it, then play it off your phone via carplay?

Sorry to hear about the peeling paint.