Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam: 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Nice!

I love the lower door panels.
    acket.

Looks like a great choice for a lanky couple with active lifestyles. 👍

Bummer about the circumstances that led you here but it looks like you and Lori came out winners.

Is it jumpy when you tip into the throttle from a stop? My Dad's '14 Forester CVT really is, even on the latest factory calibration. Hopefully they fixed that for the newer ones!

Yeah, pretty much. *Mildly press throttle* ZZZOOOOOMMM!!

Way to make the best of a bad situation, Cam. Very nice.

I drove a 2022 Honda about 1,000 miles last weekend. I was very unimpressed by the lane assist. It spent a lot of time complaining but not really doing anything. I was on a clear interstate and decided to see what would happen if I stopped making inputs. Instead of centering itself in the lane, the vehicle 'ping ponged' back and forth between the roadside and the center line. Pretty lame.

The adaptive cruise was annoying as well. Set the cruise to 81 and it keeps slowing down to accommodate a car that's way up the road, sometimes not even in my lane.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I was very unimpressed by the lane assist. It spent a lot of time complaining but not really doing anything. I was on a clear interstate and decided to see what would happen if I stopped making inputs. Instead of centering itself in the lane, the vehicle 'ping ponged' back and forth between the roadside and the center line. Pretty lame.

The adaptive cruise was annoying as well. Set the cruise to 81 and it keeps slowing down to accommodate a car that's way up the road, sometimes not even in my lane.
    That crap would drive me nuts. I'm driving the car. I'm the decider.

I joined the Honda Ridgeline forum when I was shopping for mine. I don't go there often but I get a weekly email digest of trending threads. Complaints about electronics as described above seem are what I see more than anything else. One guy said new windshield cost $1000 because it has cameras in it. Someone else posted pictures after he blacked out the chrome logos, and that turned into a discussion about sonar (really?) behind the H logo in the grill and if modding the emblem would affect the cruise control.

Get rid of that crap and make cars affordable again, says I.
    Last edited by George; October 7th, 2022 at 09:21 AM.

Those techs are probably not the reasons why cars are expensive nowadays! Plenty of used cars without such techs can also be expensive!

Anyway, yeah, I've only got a taste of these latest tech when I leased the Honda Clarity EV. Did not like lane keeping feature as well. Doesn't really inspire confidence if you let it drive by itself... it'll complain about you being hand free... once you start to steer... it'll try to tell you what to do... I suppose that it's good when you get sleepy and drift to the lane line, then it'll vibrate and helps you wake up..., but in general, I agree it's an annoying feature.

As for adaptive cruise, I loved it when in stop and go traffic! I've never been on a long road trip in that 90mile range EV, so I had no experience cruising long distances at high speeds!

Anyway, time for you to go RVing, CAM! I saw on a FB forum somebody was towing with your new car!

camping.jpg
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 7th, 2022 at 09:31 AM.

Ha! Sweet.

We're tent people.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I'm the decider.
    George you're on a roll lately and I love it.

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/...11304644.SWO0S

*/me stands with George on unnecessary car tech*