Thread: 2022 Indy 8 Hour Weekend

2022 Indy 8 Hour Weekend

SRO had a big weekend at Indianapolis, with several GT and TC races, plus a Viper Reunion. I was on the fence about going, but when I saw they had an inexpensive car corral that included parade laps, I went for it. Most of the grandstands were closed the whole weekend, so I mostly walked between the pit/paddock area (including pit entrance where I had a sweet angle of cars braking for the pit speed limit line) and the spectator viewing hills between turns 1 and 7.

My little pocket super zoom was pushed past its limits in a lot of situations, but out of a couple thousand pictures taken, I think I ended up with hundreds of (admittedly very similar) keepers. My phone and the car's PDR did a little bit of work as well. My favorites are here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/AyPbgMJz7yFS6iw87

And some highlights are below, including a souvenir and wings of a different kind:

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AL9nZEXrDMqhTNPixiafQR67GNgN62-hKwoof21inZ2bU7aPDDv2_ni4EJb29m9PKA_Vw_UZcylAbF35_-QtfIjL5K3TYV3fkqdDuorg_EIw-JdPhoKl4DTK2LmO-TUFoeYDCoHNvICM6JNlWl4M_g2k08UkWg=w1303-h977-no?authuser=0[img]

Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You were gifted a race tire?
    acket.

The Pirelli techs were just tossing them aside after they took them off the wheels during the 8 hour race. People were carrying them all over, some had two!

Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Sexy

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Troof!
    acket.

Oh nice! I saw some of that on YouTube (which is turning out to be a pretty good source of live GT3 streams) and it was a very exciting finish.