Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Choose one "The only vehicle I'd ever need"

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Fastbacks subtract 20 points of drag, they are therefore a superior shape to the three-volume sedan. It's science, bitch!
    Thank you, Mr. Pinkman!

IIRC, George drives a 200k mile Honda Accord while his wife drives the nice car, a Honda Pilot.
    In 2019, I replaced the twenty-year-old Accord that had 256K miles with a ten-year-old Ridgeline. Now the Pilot is up around 215K miles or so and my wife is ready for something else after driving it for maybe twelve years now. Not sure when she bought it, but the kids were in car seats then and are in high school now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    A contender for sure. Would need swapping of suspension between trackdays and camping, which may or may not subvert the rules of this very serious What If.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    In 2019, I replaced the twenty-year-old Accord that had 256K miles with a ten-year-old Ridgeline. Now the Pilot is up around 215K miles or so and my wife is ready for something else after driving it for maybe twelve years now. Not sure when she bought it, but the kids were in car seats then and are in high school now.
    Subaru BRZ manual or Toyota GR Yaris.

Fastbacks subtract 20 points of drag, they are therefore a superior shape to the three-volume sedan. It's science, bitch!
    The basic Mercedes W124*, in 1984, had a .28 drag coefficient. 40 years ago. And that is a 3 box design.

PXL_20230130_060205256.jpg
    Wagon mine, used for representation. I used to have a sedan but this is the one I have now. There was a sedan, coupe, cabriolet and a wagon variants of the W124.

It's all in the design.

* basic meaning only one rear view mirror on the drivers side and skinny 195/ 65R15 tires.

I’m a bit baffled by its low Cd, but that design definitely withstood the test of time very well!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    On that note, check the Mythbusters episode where they compared drag on a pickup with the tailgate up vs the tailgate down....the tailgate up was more efficient

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Thank you, Mr. Pinkman!
    So do you have a plan?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    A contender for sure. Would need swapping of suspension between trackdays and camping, which may or may not subvert the rules of this very serious What If.
    Had a Forester XT (turbo - with plenty of poke). Sure it went ok, carried a lot and could handle off-road.
    But for me, Id rather the Boxster for my one and only.