Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile version of site

Mobile version of site

Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue, but the mobile site is looking a lot like the full site for me.
    I've tried switching back and forth between them, still won't go back to the proper mobile version.
    Any ideas?

No, ignore me. For some reason "desktop site" was selected in Chrome settings.
    Weird it wasn't doing it on any other sites.

Administrator
    I think Android keeps that as a site-specific setting.

Has anyone been experiencing this weird looking mobile version?

It's damn near not usable

Administrator
    Is it that the CSS looks like it's not loading? If so, yeah, I've hit that too. I wonder if something got messed up with the assets for mobile.

I guess its the CSS?

I can't click any of the "latest posts" for a thread, or anything like it.

When I click to go "full site" I get a 404 error. When I select desktop mode in chrome, it just shifts the indent to the left, but everything else is pretty much unchanged.

Administrator
    Yeah, I started to try to sort that out but at least running Chrome in a mobile emulation mode didn't show the same bug that I see on an actual phone. Gotta see about getting the debugger up and running for my phone and see if I can figure something out.

Administrator
    Okay, for some reason chrome is actively blocking all javascript and css on mobile, but I don't see a reason for it. I'm guessing maybe it's because of the insecure connection, but not certain about that yet.

Administrator
    Yep, that's it. It looks like Chrome on my phone is forcing me to go to https for the site, but then it tries to load all its javascript/stylesheets over a non https connection. Not sure if that's something I can fix or if we need to get Random to do it.

Junior Potato
    I get a weird bug on the mobile version where if I go to edit a post it straight up deletes the whole thing. Not even any ‘are you sure?’ dialog or confirm button. I click the edit button and it asks me the reason for deletion, but I can’t do anything because the post has already been Thanos’d out of existence.