Yeah, and Mario's right about Adrian Newey switching teams. Not very likely at this point.

Ross Brawn seems to be the only 'thing' capable of derailing the Newey train and he has since retired. At this stage, Newey could probably retire like Brawn and the team could still win championships for years to come until the next rule change?

Hopefully Mercedes and RB over the years have trained a new generation of team principles and engineers...

Anyway, now that we have further confirmed Mercedes is slower than AM, I think I can say with more confidence that Toto is probably not Brawn. You should have known RB design would beat you in the windtunnel and not wait til AM to show you that on track. Rather than focusing on solving the problem of not fast enough, Mercedes was just focusing on solving the problems of their podless concept.

Maybe after a couple of season like this, Mercedes will decided to sell the team back to Honda? However, Honda without Brawn probably still won't be able to beat RB. After achieving great success for so many years, I think at this stage, we have to wonder just how committed Mercedes is to F1 knowing that they'll get severely beaten by RB for a while...