Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Auto Industry in 10 years: Your Predictions?

Just spent 25 minutes on the train in silence to get to my destination. I was in this First-Class Cabin for usd4.50.

No need for tip, no Money-grubbing surcharge, no fucked up algorithm telling you a driver dropping someone off 15 minutes away is "DROPPING SOMEONE OFF CLOSE BY", no "Did you enjoy our service PLEASE RATE US ONLINE/WAS YOUR DRIVER A COOL DUDE" rubbish.

IMG-20231024-WA0004.jpg

24km if I'd driven.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; October 23rd, 2023 at 05:09 PM.

First Class huh? What's coach look like? Do they just make you stand?

Nope, the normal carriages have clean steel seats on each side and standing room. For the trip I do, you can save around USD1.75 by travelling in them. Sometimes the seats in First Class are full (all seats on the train are first-come, first-serve) so you may need to stand. But it’s generally less crowded than coach, so it’s still more pleasant to travel in a First Class carriage.

This is a picture of a normal carriage. IMG_0001.jpeg
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; October 24th, 2023 at 05:39 AM.

Sometimes i take things too literally.

As a fat entitled American I expect to pay an absurd amount and be rewarded with a recliner when I hear 'First Class.'

At least your trains look clean.

Ultra-clean and frequent. There's one every 2-3 minutes. A delay beyond 5 minutes is newsworthy. Stations also safe now that Billi's Brainwashed Bros are all gone.

The First Class carriage is an anomaly as it's the only one of our metro/commuting/city transport lines that goes to the border. Our other lines don't have that carriage.

Obviously there are also faster trains which cross the border, cost more, and have full and assigned seating (including I think some recliners) for bodies of various sizes.

Administrator
    The non-first-class train car reminds me very much of what you see in Barcelona, which also generally has 3-4 minute headways.

We're making some rail progress here, but it's still not great.