Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: I guess I知 old enough for surgery?

Junior Potato
    Took me a while to get back to being fit enough for a day at work. And a bit longer to survive a whole week.

Thankfully my first days ‘at work’ were under a three-month internship and the management was super flexible. They were getting my labour for free, so I told them in return I’d be using my time in the job as a way to build up my stamina again. I asked for a reduction in shifts to begin with, and then ramp it up to doing a full week by the end of the three months.

I understand that not everyone has the same opportunities that I did when recovering from injury and time off, but I do encourage everyone to take their time in getting back to normal life, because the benefits of not pushing yourself too hard vastly outweigh the negatives of long-term damage.

Yeah, I've been easing back into work. Just a few hours the first few days, then ramping back up to full time over a number of weeks.

The main problem has been that I kinda got used to about 80% FTE for a while there

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Took me a while to get back to being fit enough for a day at work. And a bit longer to survive a whole week.

Thankfully my first days ‘at work’ were under a three-month internship and the management was super flexible. They were getting my labour for free, so I told them in return I’d be using my time in the job as a way to build up my stamina again. I asked for a reduction in shifts to begin with, and then ramp it up to doing a full week by the end of the three months.

I understand that not everyone has the same opportunities that I did when recovering from injury and time off, but I do encourage everyone to take their time in getting back to normal life, because the benefits of not pushing yourself too hard vastly outweigh the negatives of long-term damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Yeah, I've been easing back into work. Just a few hours the first few days, then ramping back up to full time over a number of weeks.

The main problem has been that I kinda got used to about 80% FTE for a while there
    If I was smart, and listened to everybody, I would have done a gradual return to full capacity. But you can't accuse me of being smart.

Today was better. I still left at about 6 hours but I wasn't in duress or approaching it quite as much as yesterday. trying to go for the whole day tomorrow, because Thursday I will be off. Then it's just a matter of getting back into the swing of things.

I tried to go for a run on Sunday. Had done some light 3km rides to work in the last few weeks and felt full of energy, so why not go for a light 5k jog, right?

Had to pull the pin and walk a short-cut back after 2kms.

Have been doubled over in pain ever since.

Grand Prix this weekend - good thing my mates got me grandstand tickets

Junior Potato
    Enjoy the races

And stick to the cycling

I got a jab in the back today in an attempt to alleviate my back pain. Now, I have to wait it out to see if I get some relief.

Ooh I just got a jab in the arm myself! Far less exciting though. Just a spleenless guy getting a Covid boost

Junior Potato
    Has your pooping function returned to optimal conditions?

Nope, and it never will. 90% of the last 28 days have been seven poops or less though, which is getting better. Just now I’ve been three times in the space of under four hours though.

Junior Potato
    Oh damn that's brutal.