Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTA 6

That looks so Florida, I almost miss it.

Looks like it'll need a $4000 RTX 6090 to run too...
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    But then I remember that I’ve never played through any Dark Souls or Elden Ring. Those were the games of the 2010s.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I sit here reading this thinking it’s odd that some people haven’t played the GTA games enough to remember which one had what mechanic. They were the games of the 2000s man!

But then I remember that I’ve never played through any Dark Souls or Elden Ring. Those were the games of the 2010s.
    I never played GTA V. But I did play the rest including the top down version, what was that 2? Loved all of them.

Elden Ring is a 2020s game. For the 2010s, I'd probably go with Skyrim or The Witcher 3 or Read Dead or Minecraft or Destiny

Haven't played any of those whippersnapper lawn thingies apart from Destiny. Ah, ptsd time.

I've only played the online part of GTA V. That's what I'm looking forward to in 6.

I used to play GTA V (offline only) on our Xbox360 because you guys used to talk about it and it sounded awesome. And it was.

Then I downloaded GTA V for PC when Epic made it free back in the summer of 2020 when the pandemic was in full swing.

I was proud that I never cheated, unlike seemingly everyone else in Online for PC. Then, someone unknown to me changed my level from an honestly-earned 400-something to 6666. I rage quit over that back in January of this year and haven't played since. I'm not a cheater but now I would look like one if I still played.

The best part, for me, was visiting LA in person again after I had been playing for a while. My son and I rented bicycles and rode around the Santa Monica Del Perro pier and Venice Beach and it was just about the coolest thing ever. Thankfully, there were fewer jets and helicopters and submarines and snipers wreaking havoc on the civilian beachgoers in real life than there were in the game.

I liked the game very much, but enough is enough.

If any of you cheaters know how to change my level back, drop me a line.
    Last edited by George; December 11th, 2023 at 01:23 PM.

Administrator
    They really did a remarkable job of recreating LA. I was mostly sad that my work building wasn't present in the game, other buildings I could see from there were.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Yes, visiting L.A. for real after playing a lot of GTA V was....strange, lol. They recreated it so well I saw so many buildings and locations that are so similar but yeah, without the GTA stuff going on