Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

Ferrari are getting rid of the wrong driver.

Overall a pretty boring race. Not much action on track.

But seriously how can you not love Sainz? Just a good dude who’s having fun…and clearly faster than his teammate.

Perez obviously just a mediocre driver. Karun said it during the race about how much difference Max actually makes to RBR.

Everyone had been so reliable for so long…two mechanicals in one day from top teams.

This was likely another Max win without the rear brake being stuck from the start. But I would have liked to see a battle unfold naturally because Sainz was definitely the closest competitor. It was funny because up until the drivers room Sainz thought Max made a mistake but realized that wasn’t the case as they watched it on the screen

I think Lando may have had a chance at Leclerc without being behind his teammate for too long.

Sainz being Max's best competition this season, followed by becoming his teammate next year while Lewis goes to a regretful Ferrari as Mercedes continues it's decline, would be quite the dramatic turn of events.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I still think Leclerc is the better driver. Sainz has definitely proven himself in various teams and capable of running very close to each teams lead drivers. He may very well be the GOAT of #2 drivers; however, I’m not quite sure that he’s #1 driver material at a top team that is.

I dunno, maybe I’ll have to eat my words later, but just based on his career so far, he really has been super fast, but if a team has to chose to let go a #2, it has always been him, right?

I am super glad that he won this race and I definitely like Sainz a lot, but that’s just how I feel about him. He can certainly prove me wrong by winning a championship this year!

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Random Yuki appreciation stat:
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitterHandle
    Tsunoda 0.721s faster than de Vries in Bahrain
    Tsunoda 0.305s faster than de Vries in Jeddah
    Tsunoda 0.236s faster than de Vries in Australia
    ��Average: Tsunoda 0.421s faster

Tsunoda 0.149s faster than Ricciardo in Bahrain
    Tsunoda 0.461s faster than Ricciardo in Jeddah
    Tsunoda 0.729s faster than Ricciardo in Australia
    ��Average: Tsunoda 0.446s faster
    acket.

So de Vries was getting a handle on it and Dan is losing it.

I read something about Ric having two races to get his shit moving or Lawson gets the seat.

Anyone see the video clip where Lando is giving a post race interview and George comes walking up and gives Lando a handshake…

George says “Sweaty”

Lando replies “Champagne”

Savage burn right there

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I read something about Ric having two races to get his shit moving or Lawson gets the seat.
    the rumor yesterday was that Horny had re-signed Perez for 2025.

And i put it down to Christian bc it seems that they're still going at it in red bull racing.

Rumor also hinted at the Mateschitz camp being somewhat comfortable with the state of things and not really wanting to back a Helmut offensive at the moment.

I would mark Verstappen as "leaning out" until new developments.
    acket.

Yeah, makes sense to keep Perez for stability's sake if Max is leaning to leave.

Lando and Sainz are probably good candidates, but if I were a driver, I'm not sure if I want to drive for RB anymore given their political mess. Max leaving isn't a big deal, but if Adrian Newey leaves, RBR will just become like McLaren and Williams... Thanks goodness McLaren has finally turned their ship around?

Anyway, I'm still secretly hoping Ricciardo can soon show Yuki how to win races... If Ricciardo could get back up to speed, he'll be the natural replacement if Max leaves. However, as it is, probably not!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 26th, 2024 at 07:33 AM.