Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2024

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    But "Racing Bulls" is how it was submitted to the FIA, innit?
    acket.

Lando signs new 'Multi-year' contract: https://www.mclaren.com/racing/formu...-lando-norris/

He was contracted to the end of 2025 so likely this is at least to 2027, perhaps even 2028. I'd assume it also contains performance clauses on both sides otherwise it's a very long contract to sign if the car isn't good enough.

Junior Potato
    McLaren could also be securing him so that he can be 'sold' to another team (i.e. Mercedes if Hamilton retires) down the track.

From what I read I don't think they've hired him for beyond 2025, the way i understand it is that both team and driver have agreed to make it harder for somebody else to hire him.
    acket.

Not even Bernie was this voracious.
    acket.

Michael just doesn’t have any luck with F1!

However, FOM gave pretty compelling reasons though.

If Andretti is really that serious, maybe he should pay a big premium to buy out Haas.

Junior Potato
    Rumours of 'Hamilton shock move to Ferrari' abound this evening...

...depending on which headlines you read. Some also say 'Ferrari tyring to secure Hamilton', which has a totally different meaning.

It's all bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Not even Bernie was this voracious.
    I mean, it's just Micheal Andretti - ex washed out second rate driver, and a team manager of a team merely important in North America.
    It's not like Lotus or Brabham are coming back to F1 with backing from Toyota or Jeff Bezos.

I suppose it is always one thing: rose tinted glasses by american fans not having a clue about importance of things outside their little garden.
    Not that Haas is that important either, mind.

EDIT: before someone gets angry, I was totally favourable to Andretti joining F1, nothing against it. But the comments I'm reading about americans are out of their minds, like China is invading the US or someone killed the POTUS.
    Sheesh, it's just MICHAEL Andretti, people. Who the fuck cares in the globe?
    Last edited by Blerpa; February 1st, 2024 at 02:38 AM.

Junior Potato
    Well something to consider is that F1 has been desperately trying to crack the US market for ages, and he current attempts have been bigger than ever. Why else do we have multiple races in a single country outside of Europe?

American motorsport IS big. It’s not as big to Europeans as it is to Americans, but there is a lot of money involved from big ticket sponsors, and F1 wants a slice.

So here’s an opportunity to have a real home-grown team added to the grid that represents American interests. The Andretti name with backing from GM? HAAS wishes it had that kind of money available.

So why does it keep getting shot down?