Page 81 of 86 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

More people need to be like us. Got it RWA!

edit: whoops, that was for the last page. Didn't see we moved on.
    Also, Zelda is a dude??? This whole time I thought she was a princess?
    Last edited by 21Kid; November 15th, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

Dudes can be princesses too, Bill

Junior Potato
    I might actually use my Xbone this week. I’ve taken time off work for over two weeks to volunteer at the Commonwealth Games, which leaves me a fair whack of free time in the middle of the week when I’m not on shift.

So I’ve subscribed to the two week free trial for Game Pass and bought three months of Live Gold for $12. Right now I’m downloading Sea of Thieves, ReCore, DmC: Definitive, Rise of the Tomb Raider and SuperHot.

Three of these games were titles that I was kinda-sorta-but-not-really thinking of buying on other platforms, but for almost $0 I can’t complain. Sadly I didn’t have a spare Live trial code to make it fully free.

Junior Potato
    According to this: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/...VQ1zlsCvfi8.99

Microsoft will be adding 120Hz support to Xbox One. No word on if it will be available across both X, S and OG varieties or just on X, but it could be useful for those who game on a monitor or if you own one of the selection of TVs on the market that has an undocumented native 120Hz refresh rate.

For XboneX owners, I would love to see developer support for high refresh rate gaming on X enhanced titles running in 1080 or 1440p mode. For everyone else uncapped refresh rates in back-compat games would be fabulous.

Junior Potato
    This is cool:

MS hinted at E3 that they've been working on a game streaming service based around Xbox. Now a working prototype is up and running in Washington state.

They seem like they genuinely want to make accessing Xbox games as easy as possible on any device, even if hardware isn't the main push (for comparison, Sony's PlayStation Now game streaming service is limited to PS4 and PC users).

I'd love to play FH4 on the go, but sadly my country's internet consists of two tin cans separated by a broken piece of string and it cost 96 billion dollars, so it'll never happen here for another 20 years.

Junior Potato
    Right, so here’s a thing. I haven’t played FH4 for a few days because my Xbox is exhibiting some issues displaying a HDR signal, with associated audio problems. Thus:

It only happens when 4K/HDR is being output to the TV. Bear in mind it’s an Xbox One S; it renders games up to 1080p but the video output is within a 4K container. In order to display HDR it also has to be displaying in 4K - you can’t turn 4K off and keep HDR on. The PS4 is different in being able to display 4K at 1080p, but I digress.

I can turn 4K/HDR off and run in 1080p/SDR, but where is the fun in that? All the games I’ve tried that don’t display in HDR run just fine when the console is set to 4K/HDR.

Now, the Xbox only started doing this when I first upgraded my TV to a 4K set back in May, I troubleshooted it and couldn’t find a solution, but a few days later it just went to displaying - and sounding- correctly. Fast forward to now and it’s started doing it again. I’ve looked online, checked all the cables (yes it’s a HDMI 2.0 cable, it came with the console), tried different inputs, tried different video settings, but can’t solve it or find a solution. It was working perfectly a week ago, now it isn’t.

Any ideas?

If it's not all the little stuff (cables, ports, settings check out fine), and there's no problems with any other 4k/hdr devices with your tv, then you probably need to send the Xbox in for repair :/

Administrator
    I have had no luck at all getting all my 4K/HDR/60FPS stuff working. I will be of no help here.

720p 4 lyfe

Junior Potato
    On today’s rumour mill:

Microsoft may launch a revised, no-disc version of the Xbox One S, in Southern Hemisphere autumn next year.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-one-next-year

It’ll cost way less, allowing more people to jump on the current-gen bandwagon.