Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Lightbulb Next XBox: XBOX One

[Continued from here.]

The Xbox One Will Be Updated Based on Fan Feedback, Microsoft Promises

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    "When we look back and look at what we've done, we want to continue to adapt the system to what gamers want. The team that works on Xbox are gamers themselves. We want to build the system that we use and that we know gamers would enjoy using," Hryb added.

"We're going to continue to refine the system and make it what the Xbox fans are expecting and what they want. We're listening to the feedback every single day. I've already seen some changes in the operating system internally with what we're building."

Many new features are promised by Microsoft, including a major overhaul of the glitchy party chat system, but no exact time frame was given.

I hope they include the option to not have to use physical discs...

Administrator
    I would definitely like that, but it also does seem like you can buy most of the games online and just do it that way. That's what I've been doing with the PS4 at any rate, and will do with the Xbone when another game comes out that I give have a shit about.

I was just being an :asshat: because that's how the Xbone was supposed to work from the beginning, until people complained about it. If we complain about physical discs, will they go back to the original model?

Administrator
    Ahh yes. I was a pretty vocal complainer about it. However, I still maintain that my original idea - you can play while not signed in to XBL as long as you have the disc in, but you can have the option to play with the disc out if you are signed in - was a pretty damn good one. I don't see any problem with that setup: Do what they originally wanted to do, but have a fallback mode that you can use if you own the disc but don't have a working internet connection for whatever reason.

Speaking of, I was playing Forza 5 single player, racing along just fine, when suddenly the XBox says "Bye, Brian!", kicks me back to the Forza startup screen, and I'm logged out of XBL. WTF?

Did one of the songs you were listening to have the words "Bye, XBox"?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Administrator
    I actually have all the music turned off on the game (at least when racing), and also this was before my wife woke up, so I had the volume at 7 (normal playing volume is around 30ish). But it was just engine noises at the time, and coming from the XBox itself.

Weekend Reading: Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sell Well, Their Games Do Not

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    The PS4 has managed to sell more than 4.2 million units and the Xbox One is over the 3 million mark worldwide. At the same time, Killzone: Shadow Fall is reported by unofficial sources to have barely reached 1 million and launch titles for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 have failed to gain the top spots in the monthly United States or the weekly United Kingdom charts.

Even more worrying, neither Sony nor Microsoft has big releases planned for the first three months of this year and delays are possible for the other blockbusters that have already been announced.
    Heh, are the blockbuster games drawing to a close?

Killzone has been a pretty crappy franchise forever, though, with huge competition from BF4 and CODG. Too early to call.