Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Cheers guys.

Yeah it's a lateish model OLED Sony TV.

I played around with the settings a bit more yesterday, increased gamma to 1 or 2, turn contrast down a tiny bit plus a couple other things and it looks a lot better now. The TV saves the settings on each device/port, so i'd have to go through each port (PS4, PS3, TV etc) and make all the settings the same in order to compare. Don't have Netflix, as find too much stuff to watch on free to air tv as it is!

I have my contrast up at 90, mine isn't an OLED though. Brightness at 20, colour 57, sharpness 50, backlight at 20, I think, and all the other stuff turned off.
    Those are pretty close to settings found at..
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x750f/settings

Yours maybe listed there too.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Eeek, will have to take some time to read over those settings properly, if i can find all the menu options.

Mine has good ratings on there it seems.
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/a8f-oled

Junior Potato
    Rtings also has a fucking DECENT glossary of all the mumbo jumbo features.

Most of which they tell you to turn off cos its all bullshit marketing guff for people who don't know what they're buying.

Whenever I buy a TV its usually set to a warm cinema mode with all motion smoothing and frame interpolation turned off, so I am basically immune to the *brightest* and *flashiest* TVs you see on a sales floor. I buy a TV and make it look really dull

A few things, like GT Sport, Breath of the Wild, and Gears 5, still make it pop, so I can't imagine the eye-horror people subject themselves to if they view that content on a vivid setting.

Here's an idea. Go check out The HDR Channel on YouTube. They upload most of the looping demos you see in hi-fi stores. Not only is it an adventure in terrible stock music, it's also a great way to give your TV a workout, in lieu of a Netflix subscription.

There is no better place to find out how great your TV is and how shitty your TV is than AVS Forums. It's like the Vodka Red Bull of Audio visual forums. https://www.avsforum.com

I am a little sad to say that I haven't turned on my Xbox One in months, since I let my XBL subscription lapse. I am thinking of getting rid of it. Anyone here want it? I pretty much only play iRacing and SnowRunner now on my PC. Friday nights, I drive Euro Truck Sim 2. I would like to give it to someone who will use it, not just resell it. I have two controllers and one headset. No games though. I only ever bought virtual copies of games for it. Heck, I do not even know if the optical drive works. It never had a disk in it!
    Last edited by Cam; September 5th, 2021 at 07:25 PM.

Junior Potato
    Microsoft Cloud Gaming is now available in areas outside of Europe and USA, with Australia, Japan, Brazil and Mexico coming on board.

I had a quick go with Dirt 5 as it allows touch controls on my iPhone (I’m still sitting in bed this morning and my Xbox controller is downstairs ) and the image quality is really good. The frame rate is probably as you’d expect: 30fps from an Xbox One S streamed from a hundred kilometres away over the internet with a few judders and hitches but nothing too hard to deal with. I haven’t tried a 60fps game yet.

Problems however are on iPhone you have no native app so you have to rely on Safari, plus there’s no way to easily make it full screen. You have to scroll the menu bar up before launching otherwise its there permanently and the bottom of the image is cropped off the screen. If you accidentally rotate the screen then you have to relaunch to remove said menu bar again, something that’s likely to easily occur on the train.

The biggest deal breaker is the input lag, which felt like 250 ms. It was near impossible for me to drive around corners with what felt like a billion frames of gameplay between steering input and car response. Now I know what pilot-induced oscillation feels like.

But given the quality of the video feed and the easy way of accessing games with no installs, I’d say this will be brilliant for chill out games, just steer clear of titles where you need careful inputs or fast reactions. I’m pretty sure anyone with a Game Pass or Live Gold subscription is able to access this.

I finally got rid of my Xbone. I gave it to someone in my neighbourhood.

The end of an era.