Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    4) Does Microsoft make game sales for people without Xbox Live or are you obliged to have the paid service in order to get digital sales?
    I am pretty sure that you can buy any game without a XBL Gold subscription. However, keep in mind that games that play online only require XBL Gold subscription to play.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I am pretty sure that you can buy any game without a XBL Gold subscription. However, keep in mind that games that play online only require XBL Gold subscription to play.
    Except on PC, you can play online all day long without XBL Gold.

I failed to clarify that I was talking about playing on the Xbox.

So, I bought Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition on the Windows Store and I already had Minecraft Win 10 edition (also from the Windows Store).
    Does this means that, if I buy an Xbox One, I already own those two games also on Xbox, right?

Administrator
    At least FH4 will definitely work, it's tied to your XBL account so as long as you've got the XBox One signed into the same account, it'll have access to it.

I'm not sure about Minecraft Win 10 edition. Looking at the store page, I don't see anything about it supporting "Play Anywhere", and it just says "PC" and "Hub" under "Available On", whereas Forza Horizon 4 also has "XBox One" listed under there, so I'm pretty sure that will *not* work on the XBox.

I am slightly annoyed that I had Minecraft for the 360, but have to buy it again to play on the Xbone.

Administrator
    This appears to be the definitive list of "Play Anywhere" titles that will work on both the PC and XBox One with a single purchase: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Minecraft is not in the list.

Junior Potato
    But Minecraft is on Game Pass.

All new-ish first-party Xbox games will be on Game Pass as well as play anywhere, unfortunately Minecraft is not a recent enough game to be captured by this regime.

A bit disappointing Minecraft isn't there... I can't fathom buying it for a 4th time around.
    The Play Anywhere list is a bit scarce, downloading the Forza Motorsport 7 demo on my PC to try it out.
    Interestingly enough it is underlined that XBPA games are only digitally sold games.
    So what does happen if I buy an Xbox with a game in bundle?

Junior Potato
    A lot of the time your pack-in game will be a download code, so you'll be able to play it on PC as well.

You never know, someone might be selling a Minecraft download code for cheap - they were provided with almost every XB1 sold for a while and someone would've had one with no use for it.