Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

cable cards suck in my experience from the cable company side. nearly every about them was easily resolved but was a repeating issue, they'd lose their update and/or depair themselves from the system somehow. its literally like 3 mouse clicks to fix but the accounts i saw had it happen seemingly once every month or so.

plus the cable company does hate them because they can't sell you ppv or ondemand stuff through them properly.

Administrator
    Well, here was our experience with them. We got a Tivo with the cable card slots a while ago, and then it took nearly a year and about 5 visits to get the cablecard working. In the end, it's because somebody had listed our address as being in Santa Monica, CA, not Los Angeles, CA. Apparently there's a different head end for those two cities, so they were sending the authorization to one while the cable card was talking to another. It wasn't until we got one guy on the phone who actually had run into this issue before, he looked at the zip code (why wouldn't they do this by zip code?), said "Aren't you in Los Angeles, not Santa Monica?", then had it fixed. We haven't had a single problem with the cable cards since, and it's been a few years now. Also, a lot of the cable company DVRs that they rent out these days are cable-card driven, but they also have functionality to talk back, so they can sell you ppv and ondemand stuff.

What surprises me is how it seems like the cable industry are stalling all day long when it comes to finalizing cablecard 2.0, which from what I gather would allow for two-way communication so the cable company can go back to trying to sell me ppv and ondemand stuff. I'd love to have that and not have to deal with the external box to handle all the switched-digital video channels.

essentially cable companies are lazy and so seemingly are a large portion of their employees going by what i encountered working in the call center.

interestingly i don't actually know anyone here where i live who owns an Xbox One OR a PS4. we only have what? 3 or 4 people on the board here up upgraded?

Halo vet Joseph Staten returns to Microsoft after working on Bungie’s ‘Destiny’

Quote Originally Posted by GeekWire.com
    Staten spent the past 15 years with Bungie, the Bellevue-based studio that Microsoft acquired in 2000 and then split from in 2007. He was the lead writer for the company’s highly-anticipated Destiny game before departing last September, saying that he was “leaving to tackle new creative challenges.”

Staten contributed to a number of successful games during his time at Bungie. He was the lead writer and cinematics director for Halo, Halo 2 and Halo 3: ODST.
    While I don't doubt that Jason Jones still calls the shots (of the plots), this is still a significant hire for MGS. Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Drachen596 View Post
    interestingly i don't actually know anyone here where i live who owns an Xbox One OR a PS4. we only have what? 3 or 4 people on the board here up upgraded?
    I don't know anyone in real life in Italy, Finland, UK and so on that has bought either an Xbox One or a PS4, aside from the few people on this board.
    The general adage is two faced: "I rather get a gaming PC for those prices and use my vast Steam library which sounds better than both next-gen gamelists combined" and/or "I'll wait *next* Christmas at least before getting one of them, maybe; unless... new PC/tablet"

So yeah, as per the Titanfall thread, I ordered one of these. Along with Titanfall (bundled). I have a 40" Samsung 120hz Smart LED TV getting delivered tomorrow. Also, my new headphones are supposed to work with the Bone (with a couple of adaptors and the March update). So... fuck yes.

Xbox One DVR control and OneGuide coming to SmartGlass
    Microsoft announces extensive updates to Xbox SmartGlass and Xbox Video services.
    Microsoft is also allowing select Xbox Live users in the United States, Europe, and Canada try out new OneGuide features that are "designed to improve the TV experience" on Xbox One. Users chosen to participate in the beta will see:

An enhanced TV watching experience (that’s already available in the U.S.), which sees TV listings added to OneGuide, alongside Favorites and App Channels. This will work for people in Europe and Canada who have their TV connected to Xbox One via HDMI-in.
    More control over Xbox One, their TV, and set-top box, including setting new recordings and watching recorded content from their DVR, all from a tablet or smart phone. Xbox SmartGlass also adds a cool new feature to show the most recently-watched channels.
    New Kinect voice commands in Europe and Canada (already available in the U.S.) which let you control your set-top box and other AV equipment.
    These features will be released publicly later in the year, Microsoft said.

Switching to Xbox Video, beginning this week users can rent or buy a movie from Xbox Video, start watching on one screen and then pick up exactly where they left off on another. This feature is coming later to Windows Phone 8 and XboxVideo.com users.
    SWEET!!!

On the fence about an XBox One because you want Forza 5 or Titanfall but think $500 is just too much? Target has your back.

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-con...e/-/A-15220458

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-one-sta...5/-/A-14787660

$450 for system + Titanfall or Forza 5 + 12 months of XBox Live. Hat tip to Nathan for the heads-up.
    Get that weak shit off my track

They're also doing a 3-for-2 deal on games, if you've already got the system. I was thinking about finally going for Forza, but there aren't two other games I want. DOH!

Three copies of Forza + send them out to others that have been waiting?
    Get that weak shit off my track