Page 78 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

C'mon, a not-small percentage of parents aren't gonna open up an X1X and know how to update it -- that's the kids' job!

Then what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Surprisingly, that's the one big criticism that I've heard so far, that the Blu-Ray player is one of the worst on the market, namely that black levels are dark grey at best.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#276e35a32bde
    Was it updated when you read it?

[Update: Microsoft has gone public to say that the issues raised in this story should be fixed soon by a software update. Full story on that announcement here; I've left the original story untouched.]

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    "ruined"

First World calling with a problem on line 1...

Savvy parents will preload the consoles. Any ruination of Christmas is on their shoulders. It's the digital equivalent of assembling the bicycle in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve.
    Yes, this. And while I'm sure there are some 60 year old parents buying Xboxen for their 10 year old kids who get a pass, most parents buying consoles this Christmas are going to be in their 30s or 40s and have *zero* excuses for not understanding this requirement. Every single one of them has multiple devices (computers, phones, tablets, even effing thermostats) that need day one updates. Not taking care of this is not loving your kids.

Exactly. I figure if Carlo knows, younger parents would surely know.

Your collective mothers!

()

Junior Potato
    You’re all talking about the subject assuming that everyone is tech-savvy. I know someone who complained that it took too long to get to the emojis in their iPhone keyboard. The problem was that they had every single language installed and they had to press the globe button a hundred times. Xboxes are much much harder to use than a relatively easy OS like iOS.

We are all tech nerds, and how many of you flinch when you see someone with a phone that displays 456 unread emails in their inbox? THIS is the general public for you.

And if we’re dismissing this as a first world problem, welll the first world also has PS4s and Switchs and… yeah things that run on iOS and they all run beautifully straight out of the box.

iOS is shit, though. Horrible example.