Page 77 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Junior Potato
    A 4K monitor would be sweet for gaming. Low input lag, accurate colours, sharper image.

My dream is a 55” monitor for the living room, not a TV: HDMI 2.1, display port, 120Hz with frame sync, HDR, etc, but with NO image processing.

LG almost did it; a 43” in 4K but no HDR, for the price of a 55” TV.

https://youtu.be/2kYrQ-LOiXE

Man, having everything installed on an external SSD made for a swift onex install. So smooooooove.

Network transfer went pretty smoothly for me

Unfortunately, I don't really have any enhanced games at the moment, but GTA's textures were a tad clearer and frame rate a bit more stable.

UHD BD looks really really good.

Great to hear, fellas!

Surprisingly enough, The Witcher III doesn't show up as an "Xbox One X Enhanced" game on the game's list. Maybe the 4K patch isn't in play? Textures look really tight if it's just being checkerboarded to 4K!

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    If there’s ever another Xbox One game worth buying I’ll give it a shot
    No worries, I tested it for you.

Just bought "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" used, installed the disc.

At the "Ready to Start" message (still installing to the HD from disc), I tried to play. This is where the X1X (and presumably the other Xboxen) checks the internet connection for any updates.

It found a big one and gave me a choice to either "Update or Cancel". When I opted to cancel, it kicked me out to the Dashboard and would NOT let me play offline.

Only when I pulled the internet cable out would it let me play. For everyone else on wireless, I don't know if you could disable it.

So yeah, that's kind of shitty.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    UHD BD looks really really good.
    Surprisingly, that's the one big criticism that I've heard so far, that the Blu-Ray player is one of the worst on the market, namely that black levels are dark grey at best.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#276e35a32bde

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Only when I pulled the internet cable out would it let me play. For everyone else on wireless, I don't know if you could disable it.

So yeah, that's kind of shitty.
    See what I’m saying maaaaaaaaan?

FWIW, I turn off my Xbone’s WiFi all the time, but it requires a dive into the menus to flick it off and on again. Pulling a cable seems easier, but it requires getting off the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Surprisingly, that's the one big criticism that I've heard so far, that the Blu-Ray player is one of the worst on the market, namely that black levels are dark grey at best.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#276e35a32bde
    I lower my black levels a couple notches, and the "problem" is fixed. Almost every video source outputs slightly differently in my experience, so settings should be adjusted, imo. Also I wonder if the author has his video output settings correct on his X1X. I had to manually check a couple boxes. For example it defaults to 8bit color vs 10 bit color. Things like that.

MS could push out an update to fix these things, but at the same time, the author should do a better job at being flexible with their settings.

After initial setup, it takes me all of 10 seconds to change the black level brightness a little for UHD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    See what I’m saying maaaaaaaaan?

FWIW, I turn off my Xbone’s WiFi all the time, but it requires a dive into the menus to flick it off and on again. Pulling a cable seems easier, but it requires getting off the couch.
    Yep I agree that this is total bullshit -- there should be a menu option that allows people to opt out of updating and then playing.

Many-a-kid is gonna have their Christmas Day ruined because they won't know to disable the internet and just play the damn game.

"ruined"

First World calling with a problem on line 1...

Savvy parents will preload the consoles. Any ruination of Christmas is on their shoulders. It's the digital equivalent of assembling the bicycle in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve.