Page 85 of 86 FirstFirst ... 357583848586 LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

I supposed so.
    Actually I've seen that there are keys for Minecraft Xbox One edition for about 12 euro around, what pisses me off more is that there's no cloud saves in the game anyway, so it would be another goddamn new world to create, instead of using one of mine (3 are already too much).
    2019 and no cloud saves, that's even more shameful than Epic Games Store...
    Meanwhile I'm downloading the demo for Forza Motorsport 7 on the main PC to try it out (and it should be an Xbox PA game).

Yeah, Forza Motorsport 7 is and the cloud saves thing works with it as well. I've also got Gears of War 4 (it was free, I think) and Forza Horizon 3 as Play Anywhere games.

Played around one hour with Forza Motorsport 7: I must say I'm disappointed.
    The experience feels sterile, graphics are competent but uninspiring (aside from wet tarmac, god, it looked wonderful. Also did a race in the rain at Suzuka, it was awesome as atmosphere goes), also cars feel funky handling-wise, dunno.
    I think Forza Horizon 4 has spoiled me: I've not touched Grid Autosport and Project Cars 2 since ages.
    FH4 is so vibrant, so full of things to do even if you get bored from racing... it is full of life! Incredible!

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Not sure if my settings are fully right yet, but got a OneX the other day and have it and the TV set to do 4k, HDR10, but it almost appears too dark (the only way i've found to brighten it is to reduce the black level, but then things don't look as black)? And too much colour saturation, but if i turn that down it doesn't look as bright.

Have only played Generation Zero on it so far, as it was the only game that was installed enough to play, and that looks a million times better, especially explosions. And night time is actually dark.

I dunno, anyone else have this setup, and have a little trouble configuring/aligning the X and the TV? Even went through the tv calibration thing on the Xbox.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; September 10th, 2019 at 05:25 PM.

Junior Potato
    Nope, no problems here.

And HDR will sometimes look darker, depending on the content. Itís not all about brightness, although thatís a clear benefit of HDR, but itís also about how much detail (or colour volume) can be displayed at all brightness levels of a frame without losing information. Some movies will look very dark because theyíre intended to be watched in a dark theatre using a projector. Youíll have better results if you turn your lights off!

Have you got Netflix? You should watch the same thing on as many devices as you can to compare. I suggest watching episode 1 of Star Trek Discovery, as it has a good spread of light and dark scenes for you to check out.

Have you also adjusted the HDR levels in the game options? If there is any that is.
    What TV is it, as you might be able to find settings online to try.

Junior Potato
    I believe he has a fairly new Sony LED.

As with all HDR capable TVs, the backlight should be set to maximum brightness, with local dimming set to full.

It took me a while to settle on decent settings that I liked.
    Also took a while to get used to colours that popped with HDR, but now, I don't really notice it as much.

Did you check the HDR in Netflix? It seems sometimes NF has problems with HDR in 4K tv sets: it was like Netflix kept HDR on for everything on their app, even things without HDR, and fucking up the whole display reproduction as a result.
    I'd toggle around with the settings of TV and console and check as many HDR feeds as possible (BD 4K, Amazon Prime Video, etc.) to check if the problem is widespread or just happening with a single app/feed.
    I've heard Xbox One X had those troubles with HDR in the past on Netflix, but that should be solved updating the console to the latest patches.

Could also be the game itself. Some games do not have good HDR integration.