Page 79 of 86 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Agreed. And I'm sure in 1982 a bunch of parents were baffled when their kids unboxed a pile of Huffy parts and not a bicycle. Or, in 1979 had to endure hours of tears while they hastily assembled a Barbie Dream House instead of taking pictures of their precious little angel enjoying a holiday morning. Look, not everyone gets it but that doesn't mean there aren't repercussions for not doing your homework. You make that mistake once. Then you make sure to check and see if assembly is required, batteries are not included, or updates may be required before use. If it's not a one-time mistake but a pattern of negligence, then see my note about your relationship with your kids.

Ohhh, batteries not included. Fantastic example. And when I was a kid NOTHING was open on Christmas.

Talk about ruining a childhood.

Junior Potato
    When I was a kid at Christmas I opened my N64 and… started playing immediately.

Yeah, and when my dad was a kid at Christmas he pushed his toy cars around instead of controlling them remotely like I did. And when you ran into a glitch on your N64, you lived with it instead of waiting for a fix to come over the internet. More complex things require more complex prep. That's pretty much how it always works.

If I'd reproduced my kids would be applying to college right now. If I get it, all ya'll oughta get it.
    Last edited by thesameguy; November 14th, 2017 at 10:29 AM.

You never got not being a condescending asshole to people that aren't like you, other people didn't get other stuff. We're all on different levels.

Get that weak shit off my track

There is a difference between being on a different level and not being on a level. Speaking as someone who has repeatedly and often been involved in a post-technology debacle and not a condescending asshole, if you don't understand the technology your kids are using you need to check yourself. Ignorance of good practice is no more forgivable with an xbox than a car or a gun. People need to understand the pieces. Or, I guess, pay people like me exorbitant amounts of money to fix the problems that result. I mean, I benefit from that but I still don't think it's good or right. I would certainly hope that people care enough to keep their kids out of harm's way. But, maybe not. Whatever.
    Last edited by thesameguy; November 14th, 2017 at 02:26 PM.

People are allowed to complain about the complications of technology that could and should be better. I understand that you're ok with it, you're ok with a lot of technological stuff. You know how to solve it, you're comfortable solving it, you enjoy solving it. But you shouldn't have to. There should be a solution for it. And you shouldn't be insulting people because they want a solution to it.

But I get it. You are on a higher level of understanding and manipulation of the world and the items around you. That's great. Congratulations. More people should be like you. But they aren't. And you don't need to shit on them for it, especially if you consider them friends or whatever we are at this forum.
    Get that weak shit off my track

You really need to shit on people for their deficiencies. It's the only way they'll find the motivation to better themselves. Shaaaaaame. Just stop being a terrible parent and quit ruining Christmas you tech illiterate bozos.

Whatever. Next time you need to fish a 13 year old out from under a freeway underpass you can come back and explain to me how parents who don't read up on the technology they give their kids get a pass because there was nothing that could be done.

Yes, I know there is some tangible difference between xbox updates and the internet, but it's the same "Whoops, I don't get it" mentality that nets both.

I don't have kids because I don't want that responsibility, but I assure you that when I was responsible for one it was my fucking mission in life.

But, to be clear, because apparently I was not: I am not defending how the xbox works. It could be better and should be better, but it isn't. Just like batteries should be included and bicycles should come assembled. But they're not. Complaining about it doesn't make things work better. Feel free to complain, but you still gotta buy the batteries, build the bike, run the updates. And if you didn't read the package, or the directions, or pay attention to the last ten years of Xboxes, or read the internet... well, it's probably Trump's fault.
    Last edited by thesameguy; November 14th, 2017 at 05:37 PM.