Page 44 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Getting bloody sick of my controller 'disconnecting' all the time. When in actual fact it is still connected (not according to the message on screen though) and all i have to do is press A to remove that screen.

Happening a lot lately, and in online races etc it's particularly annoying as i've crashed/lost a few events cos of it. Doesn't do it with the charge cable on (although in saying that i think it may have once or twice?).
    This annoys me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I genuinely don't understand why everyone isn't doing this. Although maybe people don't have as many USB ports and USB->MicroUSB cables as I do.
    Same process with the batteries. I have plenty of them and it takes seconds to swap them out. I don't have any down time. I don't see why I would spend $50 bucks on controller battery packs when I already have plenty of AAs that do the job just fine.

You have 5 controllers?!

And by "no downtime" I mean I can be in the middle of an online race and plug in on a straightaway.
    Get that weak shit off my track

No, only 2. They are only $10 each? I was adding that charging stand, and just guessing at a price. But, still why spend $20 when I don't have to.

The batteries last long enough that the low battery warning usually gives me another hour (or so) until I have to swap them out. And I usually just change them when they are down to the last bar. So, it rarely even gets to that point.

$30 is the stand and two packs. It's $20 if you time it right (like I did). It's $6 if you don't care about questionable quality parts from China.

I posted a link to the battery pack I got for $10 from Best Buy, here it is again: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia...?skuId=3511386

Because Forza 6 is a constant rumbler, the low battery warning for me usually comes only maybe a minute before it's going to die. I have rechargeable batteries for my Wiimotes, but just using the phone chargers I already have next to me has proven to be much more convenient for me.

Junior Potato
    I've got one USB cable that runs across the floor. The number of the cables-to-things ratio is irrelevant for me since I can physically be doing only one thing at a time. As such, my cable mixes it's time between charging Xbone/PS4 controllers, having said controllers hooked up to PC, and supplying sweet, sweet electrons to my NES Classic. It's great that they all use the same connector. It's shit that none of them are the Apple Lightning connector.

Junior Potato
    ^ or USB-C, just to keep the pundits happy.

I have one of these sitting on the "end table" (black plastic shelving) next to my couch.

http://www.ecoocheer.com/product/coo...lets--black-25

Charges my phone(s), external battery pack, Wii U Gamepad, Wii U Pro Controller, XBox One controller, camera and has room for more.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; November 22nd, 2016 at 10:23 AM.

Why are we talking about this so much?