Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Administrator
    Just re: the fun of updates on the XBone, I went to fire up my PS4 a couple of days early before Horizon comes out so it could get all the updates out of the way. I hadn't started it in nearly 9 months, so I figured I was looking at hours of updating to get it working again.

Downloaded one update and was fully updated and running in less than 5 minutes. Why can't the XBone do it that quickly?

I would think that would depend on the game and the size of the update.

My problem with PS4 is that system updates are great, they happen in Rest Mode. But game updates wait until you login and start the game. DIAF for that, Sony.

Administrator
    True, but this would be nearly a year's worth of system updates it had to install. I have updates every other week on the XBone it seems that take longer.

Also of note, some random person messaged me offering to buy my gamertag. "I gots cash", he said.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    My problem with PS4 is that system updates are great, they happen in Rest Mode. But game updates wait until you login and start the game. DIAF for that, Sony.
    Whenever that happens just I choose to play it in offline mode while it updates in the background. Later on I reboot the game with the update ready to go.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Our console etc always get switched off at the wall each night, so they can only update when we power them up. Saves on electricity doing it this way. Xbone takes so much longer to start up and update than the PS4 though, which is annoying.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-unveils-...rvi-1792818880

Netflix for XBox games!

The Xbox Game Pass is not a streaming service, like PlayStation Now, but a game download subscription along the lines of EA Access. Subscribers who pay the $9.99 monthly fee will be able to choose from games like Halo 5: Guardians, Payday 2, NBA 2K16 and SoulCalibur II (examples given in Microsoft’s official announcement,) downloading them directly to their system and playing them as if they were purchased digitally. Subscribers will be able to purchase the games in the catalog at a discount, adding them permanently to their Xbox library.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Seems pretty lame. I guess more choices is good unless the choice is just trying to milk money out of people while not offering very much. I just don't see many old games being worth paying $10 a month. For example, Halo 5 is 1.5 years old and I can buy a brand new copy on Amazon for $19. Why would I pay for this service and then pay $30 for the right to the game when I can get it for much less.

Maybe when I was younger and had more free time I would have enjoyed it. But it's not like Gamefly where I could get a brand new game on release day and try it out before buying it or sending it back. That's the only way this will work.

I got a message from XBL telling me that action was taken on a report I filed recently. That's a first. I have always judiciously used the report feature. However, last week, for the first time, I reported someone's nasty gamertag. I was not even the one who noticed it. I was playing Rocket League with our exchange student and she noticed it. She speaks three languages and the gamertag was a naughty French phrase.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Never reported anything on Xbox, but i report the groups i get added into on PSN that have FREE PSN CODES etc, and Sony always reply twice - once to say they are looking into it and again later on to say they've taken action, or not taken action.