Page 65 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

State of Decay 2 has caught my eye as well.

That's pretty interesting. But they'll still make you pay for DLC at launch

Paid DLC at launch is such a bullshit thing.

Yep -- or one could view it as a staggered price increase vs all new games simply costing $100 now. #shrug

Metro Exodus looks pretty crazy, graphically. Single-player-only games will tend to do that but if you need a post-Fallout fix (or simply don't want to have your eyes bleed playing Fallout @ 4K), there it is.
    Last edited by novicius; June 19th, 2017 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Yep -- or one could view it as a staggered price increase vs all new games simply costing $100 now. #shrug
    That's how I've been rationalizing it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I mentally tell myself the average 'big' game is now $100, as well. But I just don't like the idea of paid DLC at launch. I know it doesn't matter if it's at launch or a few months down the line, but at launch just feels shitty.

It takes a few months between wrapping up development and putting a game on store shelves, so day one DLC will usually represent several months of work after core game development is done. Not having day one DLC would either mean perpetually putting off a game release for a few months or just artificially holding back the release of DLC to create a delay.

I think the question is should that day one DLC be free or premium. Many people have an issue with buying a "completed" product which immediately is missing content that they must pay even more for.

I equate it to buying a new car without all the options on it, but I can understand why people would feel they're getting an incomplete product.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Agreed on both accounts. Maybe being more in tune with the development side of things I sympathize with and don't mind day one DLC, but I definitely understand the perception it's purely a money grab.

I understand the logic of it, tsg. Though it's not all so innocent, either, DLC and microtransactions are big money earners. From a consumer perspective, it feels like an immediate "fuck you, give us more money", hence why even if the DLC is completed, I'd rather them stagger release a little so at least it doesn't appear as greedy.