Page 67 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

It's gotta be tough striking that balance between between challenging and enjoyable, especially these days where there is every expectation that the $60 game is a preview of $60 worth of DLC that you also want to sell. Back in the day, if a game sucked or was too hard or too easy tough titty, they got your money. Now they need it to be right to make the next sale or sales!

I play only a few games, but I am way more cavalier about them than I used to be know, knowing if I fail the lost time is small. I downloaded Out of this World a while back - fond memories of when it first came out - holy crap is it difficult. I remember it being hard, but then you fail and have to do most of the level over again.

Best game I've played on PS4 (Rocket League) was free. I buy DLC from time to time just to support them.

Junior Potato
    Xbox One X day 1 buyers will apparently get a specially branded 'Project Scorpio' controller and console, according to leaks from two German retailers.

https://press-start.com.au/news/xbox...ox-one-launch/

Germany's Gamescon is today so any "leaks" could also just be timed releases. #shrug

Junior Potato
    Bit of Gamescon news: Major Nelson has released a very full list of X-enhanced games.

https://majornelson.com/blog/xbox-one-x-enhanced/

And the Project Scorpio edition seems to be an actual limited edition, and it's already sold out on the Australian Microsoft Store.

As a card-carrying member of the Pre-Order Problem Children, I put my $100 down on a pre-ordered Xbox One X @ GameStop yesterday. Apparently there's limited numbers for the first wave. #hype

Junior Potato
    Good stuff mate.

I normally hate pre-orders, it was worth it for games in the past but this age of digital distribution it's just a blatant cash grab.

Except if you're buying hardware. Hardware pre-orders are fine in my books.

I'm going to go back in today and see what it is I actually pre-ordered. I'd like to score one of the Day 1 "Project Scorpio" consoles.

I was firmly in the I'll just wait camp, like I did with the Xbox One. I waited a year and it came way down in price. But I kinda want to experience Destiny 2 in 4K.

But that causes another problem as I do not have a 4K TV. I currently game on my 11 year old 37" 720P Sharp LCD. The thing has been a warhorse and has never let me down but I think it is stating to get in the way of a full game experience.

I've thought about just picking up a new Xbox One S and waiting a year or so for a Xbox One X and picking up a cheap small 4K TV. I could trade in my Xbox One for a Xbox One S or Xbox One X as well. The latter for only about $150 difference.

Decisions decisions......

Best buy was advertising some deal that was a Sharp TV and a One S for 550 bucks or so i assume depending on the One S version chosen. 43 inch 4k smart tv. On sale by itself for 380.