Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Next XBox: XBOX One

Junior Potato
    I didn't know it was a thing. I've always assumed that you'd be restricted from playing downloaded games on another console for obvious piracy reasons, as it is on PS4.

I guess it was mentioned yesterday because this will be the first time a whole load of Xbox owners will have more than one One in one place while they make the transition, and it might not be common knowledge.

Moving between platforms would be a first, so it's still pretty cool. I always thought the portability of external storage was a nice feature, since you can take your games to a friend's house, log into their xbox, and play those games with your saves etc. In this case, just taking your storage from old version to new version without an interruption is huge - a major time & pain saver.

I have learned that you cannot preorder from microsoftstore.com - only from physical stores. Fuck that noise. I'm not going anywhere. If they want my money they're going to have to come take it from me.

When I preordered from GameStop, I had the option for a Day 1 delivery to my house. #shrug

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    I chickened out on the big 27" and instead ordered the 23.6" ASUS MG24UQ 4K UHD monitor. I had my eye on the ultra-slick ASUS Designo series 27" version but it was nearly $300 more and I just don't know if I have the room on my wee lil' desk for such a monster.
    Don't you have to sit stupidly close (Like your eyes a 2 feet away) to get the benefit of such a small 4K TV/Monitor?

Myself, I think I'm gonna pick up a small 4K TV, like 43-49" for now. The TCL S series TVs seem to a good bargain and get really good reviews. Then I'll get to at least play at 1080P and then sometime in the next year I'll look at getting a Xbox One S or Xbox One X.

BTW, are you trading in your Xbox One S or are you selling it?

Yes, I play my Xbox PC-style in an office chair at a desk. So yeah, my monitor is probably 2' away from my nose. Also my eyesight is terrible.

Seems to work, no?

::

I have a plain Xbox One right now and I'm going to keep it through launch. After I get xXx: Project Scorpio into my hands, I'll transfer data and then list it on the Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Myself, I think I'm gonna pick up a small 4K TV, like 43-49" for now. The TCL S series TVs seem to a good bargain and get really good reviews. Then I'll get to at least play at 1080P and then sometime in the next year I'll look at getting a Xbox One S or Xbox One X.
    Dell had that TCL 43" 4k for $330, with a $100 gift card. So, $230 and $100 to spend on games in a few weeks or buy some Xbox Live cards to spend digitally. Not sure if it's still available, but it was on Monday.

Edit: Meh, looks like it's gone. Next best option is LG 49UH6030 for $450 with $100 back.
    Last edited by thesameguy; August 23rd, 2017 at 09:28 AM.

Yeah, I just checked and it isn't there.

And it appears the Xbox One S can display games at 4K......I'm guessing that it is only at say 30FPS, like Destiny 2. Where as for Forza 7 it would take a Xbox One X to display at 60 FPS and 4K. At this point I'm guessing even a jump to 1080P will be a huge improvement let alone 4K.

Carlo: I thought you had upgraded to a One S along the way but that must have been someone else.

Junior Potato
    Phil the S cannot render games in 4K, but it can play BluRays at 4K.

Hmmm, I must have read the statement on the Xbox site wrong. But why does it say this then?

4K upscaling

When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console—Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is upscaled to 4K.

To set your resolution and upscale everything to 4K, press the Xbox button to open the guide, go to Settings > All settings, and then choose Display & sound > Video output. For TV resolution, select 4K UHD.

4K in games and apps

You don't have to set your console resolution to 4K to play 4K content. You can set your console to another resolution, such as 1080p, and when a game or app requires 4K (and your TV supports the 4K mode it wants), it'll automatically switch to 4K. This is good if you want to play 1080p content in its native resolution, but also take advantage of the 4K resolution when playing 4K content.

To set your resolution to a lower resolution but switch to 4K when 4K content is played:

Open the guide and go to Settings > All settings > Display & sound > Video output and then make sure TV resolution is set to 720p or 1080p.
    Select Advanced video settings and make sure Allow 4K is checked.

Maybe he means there aren't 4k xbone games? IDK.