Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: PS4

Brian is singing my song. Every time I turn the PS4 on, it needs something. And GT:S is one of the neediest of the needy. And there comes a point where you think "Gee, I haven't turned this on in a week or so" and then you do the math and figure it isn't worth it. Then a few weeks later you know the updates are really piling up.

Can't help but feel like I'm working for the PS4, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    This is the kind of thing Google wants people to think about when it comes to Stadia. I doubt it's working for them.
    Oh yeah... Forgot about that service.

You can manually search for updates by pressing the options button on the game home page. I do that every once in a while when waiting for someone.

I loved how the PS3 functioned really well as a media hub, but I completely skipped the PS4:
    Does PS4 play audio and home video right out of the box? Couldn't get the X1 to do it (they're on at least their 10th menu layout and it's still cumbersome).

The Playstation Store has ten games for free (no subscriptions required):
    Abzû, Enter the Gungeon, Rez Infinite, Subnautica, The Witness, Thumper, Astro Bot Rescue Mission*, Moss*, Paper Beast* all through April 22.
    Ratchet & Clank through March 31 (Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition starting April 19).

*PSVR required
    Last edited by balki; March 28th, 2021 at 03:42 PM.

Administrator
    A few of those require VR, but I went to pick up the rest of them.

As for using it as a media hub, I hated using it, but mostly because my controller was super finicky and wouldn't charge unless it was attached to the PS4, which meant I didn't use it much and when I'd try to I'd have to go through a whole update cycle and just get annoyed. If you don't have that problem, I'm imagining it works pretty well.

Edited to show the titles that require VR

With that said, has anyone tried PSVR? I'm seeing a bunch of them on craigslist and am tempted (also looks like they're be a ton of wires involved)

I had it. Screendoor effect was bad, returned it a few days later.

Junior Potato
    I have PSVR and it is worth it for the price you can get them for now.

REZ Infinite is a must-play game in VR. Absolutely a must. It's good in 2D but you really want it in VR.

Administrator
    Yep. I thought Rez was cool in 2D, it's great in VR.

Yep x2. Got a used VR set and was surprised how much of a difference it made for Rez.

About halfway through Astro Bot Rescue Mission; it's still free and recommend that everyone get it in case you ever pickup VR (they can be found under $200, then sold for the same price, excluding logistics).