Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4

I want to upgrade to a 1TB SSD for my PS4, I'm at about 400GB now. The PS4 has been acting laggy lately but I can't tell if that's a product of age/HDD filling or my new and terrible Verizon DSL. The 1TB drives still cost more than a new PS4 Pro though so I'm a bit hesitant.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...e-a-difference

Really great article benchmarking the PS4/PS4 Pro with and without SSDs. Awesome.

Shaves 20% (10 seconds) off of a Project Cars race load time if you upgrade a regular PS4 to SDD. Niiice.

Administrator
    I'm starting to get a little better at Horizon.

Spoiler:

The striders give you blaze which helps craft fire arrows. Helpfully, the fuel canister on their back makes a handy target for fire arrows - hit one and the strider will eventually detonate, and often takes out the ones near it with the explosion. They don't always drop blaze, but so far the exchange rate has worked out.

Also, don't forget about the spear and rolling. I managed to put a trap too close to a group of scrappers and watchers and alerted everyone, but managed to take them all down with some rolling and spearing.

I'm super impressed with this game so far. I'm trying to take my time and not go into the first main quest too fast, hoping to level a bit to take care of the fact that I still suck. I've got a shock trap I can use to stun (but not hurt) the machines and some fire arrows to go along with my normal ones. I'm surprised at how often I need to change weapons, I need to get faster at that. Also surprised at how open it's become so early in the main storyline.

EDIT: Get Silent Strike early. Between it and throwing rocks, it'll make life a lot easier in the early game.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 28th, 2017 at 12:29 PM.

Junior Potato
    The PS4 remaster/remake/collection Wipeout Omega comes out this week. Base in the U.K. has it cheap with the retro case sleeve. PS4 games are region free, so anyone wanting the cool PSOne style artwork should jump on this.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/wip...gc-weocps4.htm

Junior Potato
    This month's free PlayStation Plus games are epic. Until Dawn and GoT Telltale? What a ripper of a lineup!

And I remember Tokyo Jungle being one of the main killer apps in the early days of the PS3, back when the phrase 'killer app' wasn't so dorky.

Until Dawn – PS4
    Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series – PS4
    That’s You – PS4 (4th July onwards)
    Tokyo Jungle – PS3
    Darkstalkers Resurrection – PS3
    Don’t Die Mr Robot – PS Vita (cross-buy with PS4)
    Element4l – PS Vita

Junior Potato
    Purdy...

This was announced today. It's being launched as part of a Destiny 2 bundle in September.

Junior Potato
    So calming... I forgot how nice the S2 dashboard was.

Now it's a new dynamic theme for PS4

Junior Potato
    Rime is up for grabs this month on PS Plus. As is… Knack?

Yeah. Knack.

Rime is pretty good. Beautiful game. Some say it feels like it’s inspired by Team Ico games like The Last Guardian, but I think it’s like Journey, just five times longer. We’ll see how game pacing and structure goes after the 5th hour.

I was going to buy Rime for Switch, but baulked when reports of shitty performance came through. It hurts a wee bit, knowing that it would be an awesome Switch game, but I guess it’s ok since I saved almost the cost of a PS Plus subscription in not buying it.

Related: the Switch version of Rime just got an update that fixes much of the graphical stuff, but doesn't fully fix framerate issues.

I'm back in the game! Been eyeing up PSVR for a living room/standing experience for a while but the price hadn't quite got to where I want it. With the black Friday deals on offer this weekend they finally got me to bite £230 for the PSVR starter pack + move controllers + Astro Bot. £330 for 1TB PS4 Pro with RDR II, which I immediately traded in (£32) against a years PSN subscription (£40).

All in for £568 / $440. Remarkable when you consider my Rift alone cost £500 two and half years ago, although you can now pick them up for £350 with the touch controllers and two tracking sensors.

PSVR.jpg
    Last edited by stephenb; November 25th, 2018 at 03:35 AM.